620Indigo Summer, Atlanta

  • Dorene Graham
    May 8 4:34 PM

      Indigo Village, Inc.

      presents

      The Second Annual

      Indigo Summer, Atlanta

      An experience in an intentional village model honoring the children of the new millennium

      July 8— 13, 2002

      Unity North Atlanta Church

      Marietta, Georgia

      Mission

      Indigo Summer is a non-profit camp whose purpose is to provide a natural learning environment for the exploration of a child's identity and sense of personal purpose. Indigo Summer is a week-long camping retreat in natural surroundings where classes, workshops and discussions will provide a variety of experiences and expressions for the soul of young people ages 7-18. Indigo Summer Camp uses volunteers for both workshops and staff positions. Workshops promoting intuitive learning are presented on a village model, where students choose which workshops suit their interests.

      Testimonial

      My son, Adam, attended the Indigo Village Summer Camp last year. The benefits that Adam received from this experience are immeasurable!! Adam made some beautiful arts and crafts as well as built self-esteem through role playing, dancing, music and an informative day at the Chattahoochee Nature Center. The counselors also taught him a method of dealing with his night fears that we incorporate into our nightly routine even to this day. He learned that being true to himself is incredibly valuable, and his only complaint was that he could not go to this camp all summer long! I highly recommend this camp to all parents with Indigo Children. It is a blessing on many levels. —Susan Kassem

      Workshops

      Workshops will be taught by guest lecturers who volunteer their time and experience. Our staff includes certified teachers, parents, artists and professionals who will explore these topics during the camp:

        Movement/Dance

        Improvisational theatre

        Journaling from the Heart

        Music/Percussion/Stomp

        Energy work

        Personal Expression through Art

        Meditation

        Talking stick

        Massage for Health

      2002 Camp Information

      Village Model

      For one week during the summer, staff and campers will come together in a village model honoring the individual and strength of community. In a living and learning environment adults and children will share responsibility in creating the village’s guidelines and activities. We hope to have a 5:1 camper to staff ratio.

      Child Directed

      The Indigo Summer Camp program is organized cafeteria style to offer the children a variety of choices to suit their needs and interests. We’ll offer three workshop tracks, one for younger campers, one more suited for teens, and one that will appeal to either group. If none of the workshops spark interest, free time is scheduled throughout the day, and is always an option.

      Ground Central

      “Ground Central” is a place of quiet and balance for all who need to get away from the hustle and bustle. Here villagers can talk quietly, listen to soft music, or play games, until they’re ready to rejoin the ongoing activities.

      Indigo Morning Out

      Our Morning Session is for children ages 2 - 5. Drop off your little one for a few hours of games, dancing, singing and fun art projects designed especially for the curious young soul. The morning session lasts from 9:oo a.m. until 12:00 p.m.

        Camp Fees:

        Child aged 2-6 $ 65

        Single child $ 150

        Siblings $ 130

        Additional material fees may be required for some workshops.

        Registration is limited to the first 35 attendees. Please register early to reserve your spot.

        Full fee includes rental fee, workshops, lunch and snacks for six days. Separate price available for villagers wishing to bring their own lunch. Catering of all meals provided by The Great Kitchen Caper.

        Unity North Atlanta Information:

        Unity North Atlanta Church

        4255 Sandy Plains Road

        Marietta, GA 30066

        Phone 678-819-9100

        www.unitynorth.org

        Indigo Summer will be held in the children’s church and other selected areas. Parents are responsible for delivery and pick up of their children.

        2002 Camp Schedule

        9:00-9:15 a.m. Drop-off and Grounding
        9:15-9:45 a.m. Village meeting (to connect, build community--includes meditation)

        9:45-10:00 a.m. Snack
        10:00-11:30 a.m. Morning Workshop
        12:00-12:45 p.m. Lunch
        1:00-2:30 p.m. Afternoon Workshop #1
        2:30-2:45 p.m. Break and Snack
        2:45-3:45 p.m. Afternoon Workshop #2
        3:45-4:00 p.m. Pick-up and Clean-up

        Camp Schedule subject to change

        Camp Director:

        Scarlett Ross

        105 Rivercreek Dr.

        Woodstock, GA 30188

        678-445-3691

        Information@...

        Registration:

        Dorene Graham

        840 Waterbrook Court

        Roswell, GA 30076-2932

        770-643-1441

        dorenegraham@...

        Indigo Village, Inc. practices a nondiscriminatory

        policy, admitting students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin.

      • Show all 2 messages in this topic