1670Start Simple: A View of the New Year

  • Dr. Charlotte Reznick PhD
    Jan 5, 2012
      If you are having trouble viewing this message, please go to http://community.icontact.com/p/wwwimageryforkids/newsletters/powerofyourchildsimagination/posts/start-simple-a-view-of-the-new-year

      [1]

      DEAR COMMUNITY,

      Start Simple:

      A View of the New Year

      I love New Year's. "Regular" New Year, Chinese New Year, Jewish New Year,
      Indian New Year, whatever New Year tradition there is, count me in. Any reason
      to start fresh and be given a second chance. How many of us could use a do-over
      when we mess up? How comforting to know you've been given another opportunity
      to do better. The hope in New Year's is priceless.

      Yet too many people make long lists of New Year's resolutions and never are
      successful with any of them. Part of that is trying to take on too much. Your
      heart is in the right place, but your time schedule is not. Or you write down
      things you think you should do, but don't really want to or aren't quite ready
      for.

      Whether you're working on self-improvement, helping your child carry through on
      goals, supporting a spouse, co-worker or friend, it's the same process. Be
      honest and start simple. Take one step at a time, bit by tiny bit.

      Here are 8 Start Simple ideas that are easy enough for kids or adults. Pick one
      - just one! Once it's a habit, part of your nature, you can choose another.

      1. Keep a Success Log:

      Each day, write down one way you felt successful or proud of yourself - even if
      it's just getting out of bed (which many kids have used minutes before having
      to leave for school). Tack the paper on your fridge, bulletin board, or
      wherever, and keep adding one a day. In a week, you'll have 7 accomplishments,
      in a month 30, in a year 365. A great way to stay positive.

      2. Make a Gratitude List:

      This is especially helpful for turning the tide when you're feeling low. So
      make a list. A short list. Even one or three "I'm grateful for's" can make a
      difference. If you really want to be generous with yourself, do more. Each
      time, write the whole sentence out: "I am grateful for this new day." "I am
      grateful my daughter didnt' punch her brother on the way to school." "I am
      grateful for my work." "I am grateful I have love in my life." You get the
      idea...

      3. Breathe Slowly for 2 Minutes:

      It doesn't matter if you breath through your nose, breathe through your mouth,
      or breath in one nostril and out the other - just take 2 minutes (at least to
      start) to go "inside" and pay attention to your breath. It's guaranteed to calm
      and center you.

      4. Offer Kindness Each Day:

      Do one kind act - for yourself - or for another. Helping others gets those feel
      good juices going. Besides, how wonderful when we take a moment to be kind to
      each other. Surprise yourself - surprise a friend or family member. Or do
      something kind without anyone knowing. How does that feel?

      5. Write No Matter What:

      In Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way, she recommends three pages a day. That may
      be too overwhelming for you or your kids. Start with three sentences. That's
      doable. If more pours out - fine - but if not, it doesn't matter. Write first
      thing in the morning, last at night, or any time in between. Just write. And
      write from your heart!

      Please read more of these Start Simple ideas at [2]Psychology Today.

      6. Draw Whatever:

      7. Accept a Compliment:

      8. Look for the Good:

      Go to [3]Psychology Today now. Then...

      Let me know how you do with these. What ideas you gravitate towards, and what
      your kids prefer. Please feel free to add your own, I'd love to hear what you
      put on your Start Simple list. Write me at DrReznick@.... You
      might be featured in a future newsletter.

      Start Simple:
      The Nine Foundation Tools CD

      "It was a privilege to listen to Dr. Charlotte Reznick's 'The Nine Foundation
      Tools...' The CD is thoughtfully structured to build imagery skills with
      children.... Charlotte's soothing voice and gentle pacing provide an Imagery
      experience that feels safe and allows space for Imaging and calmness. Her use
      of descriptive language and invitation to all of the senses will allow children
      to develop their skills"

      Linda Sleeter, Board Certified Holistic Nurse, Imagery International.

      [4]Read full review.

      I developed "T[5]he Nine Foundation Tools" [6]CD* as the basis of the Imagery
      For Kids program. It is the cornerstone for your child accessing inner wisdom
      and learning skills to handle life's everyday challenges. The guided journeys
      are 3-5 minutes - brief enough for the shortest attention spans and easy enough
      to practice one or more a day.

      I invite you to listen to audio samples and [7]Order Here

      *Scripts can be found in the book, [8]The Power of Your Child's Imagination:
      How to Transform Stress and Anxiety into Joy and Success

      With love and light,

      Featured Teachers

      "WABI SABI LOVE"

      The Ancient Art of Finding Perfect Love in Imperfect Relationships

      Arielle Ford

      If your marriage or significant relationship is less than fantastic, the
      solution is called Wabi Sabi Love and it can change your relationship forever.

      Wabi Sabi is an ancient Japanese art form that honors all things old, worn, and
      weathered. It seeks to find "beauty and perfection in the imperfection."
      Learning Wabi Sabi can transform "tired" relationships so they feel new,
      fresh, and exciting.

      Enjoy passionate, joyful relationship through the stories and the fun, simple
      exercises that Arielle reveals. You'll love reading it, and you'll love the
      feeling in your heart as you begin a renewed dance of love. You'll be inspired
      by Michelle Obama's story of how she accomplished a rapid Wabi Sabi Love
      transformation. You can do it too, but you'll have to buy the book, so hurry
      before the first printing sells out.

      [9]Get Your Copy of Wabi Sabi Love Now and it comes with amazing free bonus
      gifts.

      "GET OFF THE COUCH, POTATO!"
      Kathi Casey

      "Get Off the Couch, Potato!" is a powerful, yet fun, 30-day fitness program you
      can begin while lying on your couch watching Oprah! Each day's exercise is
      demonstrated by Kathi's lovable Couch Potato.

      Kathi Casey's 30-day fitness plan is a great solution for over-worked parents,
      television addicted teens, out of shape Baby Boomers, and more. This little
      book will make you laugh and provide you with many tips and tools so you can
      take charge of your own health care.

      [10]Pick up your copy of "Get off the Couch, Potato!" NOW. Hundreds of bonuses
      from today's leaders in self-help, mind-body-spirit, and business success await
      you.

      About Dr. Charlotte Reznick
      Charlotte Reznick PhD specializes in helping children and adolescents develop
      the emotional skills necessary for a happy and successful life. She is a
      licensed educational psychologist and Associate Clinical Professor of
      Psychology at UCLA. Dr. Charlotte is the creator of Imagery For Kids^TM:
      Breakthrough for Learning, Creativity, and Empowerment and is the author/
      producer of several therapeutic CDs for children, teens, and parents. An
      international workshop leader on the healing power of children's imagination,
      she maintains a private practice in Los Angeles, California. Visit
      [11]www.ImageryForKids.com

      THE POWER OF YOUR CHILD'S IMAGINATION

      [12]

      Go here to join in.....
      [13]Twitter
      [14]Facebook
      [15]Linked-In

      UPCOMING EVENTS
      2012

      January (TBA)
      Radio Interview (Podcast)
      Happy Healthy Families
      Host: Hannah Keeley
      [16](Link to Site)

      Feb. 21
      Workshop at School
      Westchester Parents Nursery School
      7:00 - 9:00 pm
      Westchester, CA.
      [17](Link to School)

      March 3
      Talk at Conference
      TEDxStudioCityED
      Blending Self-Regulation, Technology, & Education
      Lunch Presentation
      Bridges Academy
      Studio City, CA
      [18](Link to conference)

      March 22-24
      Workshop at Conference
      Psychotherapy Networker Symposium
      Creating a New Wisdom
      Omni Shoreham Hotel
      Washington, DC
      [19](Link to conference)

      March 25
      Workshop at Church
      Virginia
      (Info forthcoming)

      April (TBA)
      Teleseminar
      Host: Maggie Phillips PhD
      (Info forthcoming)

      May 3-6
      Workshop at Conference
      California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
      Annual Conference
      Altogether Now: Diverse Faces of Mental Health
      The San Diego Marriott Mission Valley
      San Diego, CA
      [20](Link to Conference)

      L.A. Times best-selling [21]
      [22]The Power of Your Child's Imagination: How to Transform Stress and Anxiety
      into Joy and Success
      "I recommend this book to parents, teachers, counselors, and other caregivers
      and to any adults who want to incorporate stress management techniques in their
      own lives. The guidance Dr. Reznick offers is clear and supported with a wealth
      of specific examples, and readers will appreciate her nurturing, compassionate
      approach to guiding parents."

      Stephanie Ward, Laughing Stars

      BRING THE POWER OF YOUR CHiLD'S IMAGINATION TO YOU!

      I'm passionate about helping kids develop self-love and learn self-healing
      techniques for life's challenges.

      So I'd be delighted to come to your school or organization - anywhere in the
      world. Let me share how Nine Imagination Tools can transform stress and anxiety
      into joy and success for the lives of the children and teens you care about.

      Contact:
      Write me directly and tell me your needs at
      DrReznick@...

      Imagery For Kids | 11911 San Vicente Blvd. | Suite 240 - Brentwood | Los
      Angeles, CA 90049

      Counseling Services, Guided Imagery, and Meditation Training offered to clients
      living in: Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Beverly Hills,
      Beverly Glen, Culver City, Brentwood, Westwood, Marina Del Rey, Mar Vista,
      Encino, Sherman Oaks, Topanga Beach and Topanga Canyon, Ocean Park, Hancock
      Park, West Hollywood.

      Consultation, Workshops, Trainings and Speaking Offered Worldwide: U.S.,
      Europe, Asia, Australia, South America, Africa.

      All Content Copyright ©2010 Charlotte Reznick PhD, All rights reserved.