1662A Reminder: The Healing Power of Family Play

  • Dr. Charlotte Reznick PhD
    Jun 29, 2011
      If you are having trouble viewing this message, please go to http://community.icontact.com/p/wwwimageryforkids/newsletters/powerofyourchildsimagination/posts/a-reminder-the-healing-power-of-family-play

      [1]

      DEAR COMMUNITY,

      A Reminder:

      The Healing Power of Family Play

      [Adapted from last summer's post so you can remember & reconsider today.]

      Many years ago I happened upon a magical island in the Mediterranean where
      families from all parts of Europe took their holidays. The beaches have the
      warmest, clearest aqua waters, there are fascinating prehistoric "taula" ruins,
      a bit like Stonehenge sprinkled about, and the old towns take me back to a
      charming other time. I've been fortunate to return almost every year, with the
      exception of four, while intensely writing and sharing my book with the world.
      So when I was able to return this past summer, I was struck by the delightful
      healing possibilities of family play.

      Across the island beaches so many languages were spoken, it was hard to keep
      up. My Spanish was not close enough to Italian, my basic French is barely
      similar to Catalan, and I'm lost for German and Dutch. Even the English accents
      were difficult to decipher. Not understanding what the families around me were
      saying proved perfect. Because I could only observe the interactions of the
      families - their faces, movements, joy, laughter - without the distraction of
      words, I could focus on perhaps an even deeper communication.

      I saw a giant, gentle German bringing his hesitant three-year-old into the
      waves, sharing the excitement of the unexpected while keeping him safe. Sitting
      nearby, an Italian mom tenderly rubbed sunscreen on her little girl's back. In
      a secluded cove, a French father played "chef de cuisine" with his
      nine-year-old daughter. Carefully and slowly, the little girl made sand crepes
      for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, while her dad patiently waited and gratefully
      accepted her masterpiece meals. Other families built sand castles, complete
      with moats and bridges as if they were building an amazing architectural
      wonder. And the teens were jumping off high cliffs into the sea below - from
      heights I had to almost close my eyes to.

      But what I noticed most, was that the families were happy. They were in the
      moment, totally loving, and enjoying each other. There was nary a video game to
      be found. Their two or three weeks of fun in the sun allowed a balance to their
      busy lives back home. But for how long? I realized the importance of sharing
      family play time... all year. No hidden agenda, nothing to learn or teach. Just
      have fun!

      Now that summer is starting, consider making a commitment to your family's play
      time happiness. Please read five ideas to sustain family happiness in my new
      Huffington Post blog article [2]HERE.

      Enjoy and share!

      Let me know what are your favorite family fun times. Email me now, in a month,
      or anytime.

      TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK...

      Although I won't be returning to my favorite island this summer, I'll be
      happily starting to create an Activity Workbook for the kids you care about
      based on my book. I'd be grateful if you could to let me know what you would
      like included - what exercises were your favorites, what can't be missed, and
      more. Email me directly at DrReznick@....

      Gold Package - 20% Off
      Have some family fun with all 4 CDs from the book

      "I bought your CD for my rambunctious daughter yesterday for some 'time-in' so
      to speak...I am interested in teaching her self-soothing techniques and think
      this is a great place to start. She loved it! Loved the Animal Friend exercise
      (hers was a pink and red giraffe with rainbow-colored hooves) and asked me to
      guide her through another exercise at bedtime." Thanks!

      A Relieved Mom

      The Power of Your Child's Imagination Companion Gold Package CD Set provides
      encouraging words and scripts of the guided journeys from the book. These CDs
      have empowered so many of the families I work with and will provide you and
      your child with easy, effective, and creative skills for thriving today -
      tapping into the positive power of imagination and accessing natural strengths
      and confidence. Great for parents as well as kids.
      [3]Listen to Sample and Order Info Here

      Special Personalized Dedications Now Available...

      In order to accommodate your requests, I'm thrilled to be able to offer
      personal special dedications for you or whoever you would like to receive the
      book.

      All you need to do is order The Power of Your Child's Imagination: How to
      Transform Stress and Anxiety into Joy and Success (Perigee/Penguin) directly
      from my website and fill in exactly what you'd like me to say. I'll send it out
      right away.

      [4]Go HERE and you'll find a special open box waiting for your instructions.

      With love and light,

      Featured Teachers

      I AM GR8TFUL FOR YOU

      Kim Serafini

      I Am Gr8ful For You by Kim Serafini is more than a book. It's a celebration of
      those you love and adore. It's an opportunity to raise the vibration of the
      world by sharing your gratitude with those you love. Get your Gift sample
      chapter, via email, so you can experience it for yourself now... and pass it on
      to someone you love today.[5]

      There is someone in your life right now that deserves your gratitude and with a
      couple of keystrokes and the click of a button you can immediately show them
      yours. The power of gratitude is infinite. Let Kim's book do the talking for
      you... And be part of this unprecendented movement! Give it forward... Right
      now. [6]Learn More and Order Here.

      WHOLELINESS

      Carmen Harra
      Do you want to wake up liberated from your worries, excited for a new day and
      in love with life? Then embrace Wholeliness!

      Wholeliness can be an antidote to human suffering - a beautiful state of being
      healed, whole, and in harmony with all. It's much more than a boook - it's a
      way of life. Wholeliness will show you how to shift your thinking from the "me"
      to the "we." It promises to reconnect you to the source of hope and
      nourishment. Most of all, it can reunite you with others and give you that
      much-needed sense of belonging. Let Wholeliness heal you. [7]More info and to
      order with lots of free gifts.
      [8].

      WORLD OF MIRACLES:
      50 Awakening Poems of Life

      Sandi Lovrecic
      Did you know that reading inspirational, positive poetry refocuses your mind
      and helps you get into the vibration of manifesting what you want out of life?

      Poetry is a beautiful way to illuminate your mind and open your heart. World of
      Miracles by Sandi Lovrecic uses poetry to remind you of the hope you might have
      lost.

      Lovrecic creates a life-affirming mindset. He follows the premise that the
      greatest love and the greatest gifts are found inside yourself. His poems are
      contagiously optimistic and powerfully positive, challenging you to embrace
      your most authentic SELF. [9]Order it today and receive Free Gifts. [10]

      [11][12]

      About Dr. Charlotte Reznick
      Charlotte Reznick PhD specializes in helping children and adolescents develop
      the emotional skills necessary for a happy and successful life. She is a
      licensed educational psychologist and Associate Clinical Professor of
      Psychology at UCLA. Dr. Charlotte is the creator of Imagery For Kids^TM:
      Breakthrough for Learning, Creativity, and Empowerment and is the author/
      producer of several therapeutic CDs for children, teens, and parents. An
      international workshop leader on the healing power of children's imagination,
      she maintains a private practice in Los Angeles, California. Visit
      [13]www.ImageryForKids.com

      THE POWER OF YOUR CHILD'S IMAGINATION

      [14]

      Go here to join in.....
      [15]Twitter
      [16]Facebook
      [17]Linked-In

      Experience
      The Power of Your Child's Imagination
      in Person

      I'm passionate about helping kids develop self-love and learn self-healing
      techniques in order to thrive in our challenging world.

      I'd be delighted to come to your school or organization - anywhere in the
      world. Let me share how Nine Imagination Tools can transform stress and anxiety
      into joy and succes for the lives of the children and teens you care about.

      Contact:
      Write me directly and tell me your needs at
      DrReznick@...

      WHAT RECENT PARTICIPANTS HAVE TO SAY:

      "Thank you for a wonderful presentation."

      Ginny Tal, LCSW

      Venice Family Clinic

      "Thank you for giving such an informative and heartfelt presentation! On the
      way home my son wanted to stop for frozen yogurt and I told him it was too
      late, he started making "bummer" sounds. I asked him what feeling he was
      having, where it was in his body, and what color it was - very cool! It was
      "Disappointment," "all over" and "purple."

      Thanks again,

      A grateful Mom

      "Thank you! I enjoyed and learned from your presentation last night and
      appreciate the wonderful tips! We already talked about the Wise Animal guidance
      this morning - my 6-year old daughter loves turtles and giggled at the idea.
      We'll do more!"

      Another appreciative Mom

      "Thank you for such a wonderful workshop this weekend! I can already see many
      ways to use your Nine Tools in the classroom as well as in my private practice.
      I am absolutely devouring your book, and love the way it links imagination and
      the body. You speak my language, as I am always looking for gentle
      body-centered ways to draw out the greater potential in my students and
      clients. Please count me in for any advanced trainings you may offer."

      Teacher and Kinesiologist

      "I want to thank you for an amazing presentation. As I told you when you signed
      my book, with my background in providing Creative Dance and Theatre programs
      for children, I have been looking for a bridge to bring that same spirit of
      creativity and imagination to my work as a therapist with children. Thank you
      for providing that bridge! I look forward to bringing this to my clients..."

      Artist, Teacher, Expressive Arts Child Therapist

      Contact:
      Write me directly and tell me your needs at
      DrReznick@...

      Imagery For Kids | 11911 San Vicente Blvd. | Suite 240 - Brentwood | Los
      Angeles, CA 90049

      Counseling Services, Guided Imagery, and Meditation Training offered to clients
      living in: Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Beverly Hills,
      Beverly Glen, Culver City, Brentwood, Westwood, Marina Del Rey, Mar Vista,
      Encino, Sherman Oaks, Topanga Beach and Topanga Canyon, Ocean Park, Hancock
      Park, West Hollywood.

      Consultation, Workshops, Trainings and Speaking Offered Worldwide: U.S.,
      Europe, Asia, Australia, South America, Africa.

      All Content Copyright ©2010 Charlotte Reznick PhD, All rights reserved.