1658Peace Begins at Home: 6 Tips for Siblings

  • Dr. Charlotte Reznick PhD
    Apr 26 9:23 PM
      If you are having trouble viewing this message, please go to http://community.icontact.com/p/wwwimageryforkids/newsletters/powerofyourchildsimagination/posts/peace-begins-at-home-6-tips-for-siblings

      [1]

      DEAR COMMUNITY,

      Peace Begins at Home: 6 Tips for Siblings

      "Haven't we evolved and learned that war is not an
      answer?"
      Alex, age 15

      The state of the world has been on the mind of so many of the families I work
      with. Too many wars, too much aggression, too much not caring about each other
      and the planet. It's created an underlying anxiety even for the youngest kids
      who are exposed to the news in their living rooms. One tense teen asked,
      "Haven't we evolved and learned that war is not an answer?" In his mind, it's
      hard to fight someone who doesn't want to fight you back, so if everyone would
      decide not to fight, war could end.

      Although we may not be able to do anything about what's happening acros the
      globe, surely we can do something about what's right in front of us. Peace can
      begin at home - starting with brothers and sisters.

      Like nine-year-old Lars. All he wanted from his big brother was peace. He hated
      arguing over video games and TV, and was hurt and angry at the older one's
      constant teasing. Or six-year-old Taylor's jealousy of her three-year-old
      brother. Although she longed for a sibling, it was different once Riley was
      born. Taylor flip-flopped between loving hugs and dangerous squeezing.

      Kids tell me they want positive interactions with their siblings. But buttons
      get pushed, defenses go up, and friction abounds. We all play a crucial role.
      Cooperation, empathy, kindness, fair play, and self-control don't always come
      naturally to children; they are skills taught through practice, just like
      making a bed and riding a bike.

      If you want to encourage kindness and generosity, let kids see yours. To foster
      self-control, watch how you respond to frustration and anger. Each conflict is
      a learning opportunity and a child's imagination makes a great study partner.
      Even ten-year-old Melody, who couldn't speak up to her big bossy sister,
      conjured up an imaginary Wizard who coached her to say, "No" in a strong and
      clear voice.

      Consider these 6 tips to squelch sibling squabbles and develop more loving
      connections...

      Read more in [2]Psychology Today [3]here.

      *Adapted from The Power of Your Child's Imagination: How to Transform Stress
      and Anxiety into Joy and Success.

      "Connecting From The Heart"
      Special guided meditation journey for families

      "I think that the book and companion CD set are not only a great resource for
      parents, but for therapists and other professionals working with children who
      are interested in learning how to tap into the power of imagery."

      Jane Butterworth, MFT, Imagery International

      ([4]Read the full review here)

      The guided journey that can best support what I advise in the article above can
      be found on the second CD, Track 5. Listening can create a heart-centered,
      loving family atmosphere that meets everyone's needs. Treat yourself and your
      kids to the Double CD, which contains over two hours of 10 different guided
      journeys.
      [5]Learn more and Order Here

      And don't forget the LA Times best selling book...

      Learn more about help for sibling shenanigans and living peacefully with
      brothers and sisters..

      Read The Power of Your Child's Imagination: How to Transform Stress and Anxiety
      into Joy and Success (Perigee/Penguin).

      [6]ORDER HERE and receive 80+ free downloadable gifts.

      With love and light,

      Featured Teachers

      THE MAP

      Finding The Magic and Meaning in the Story of Your Life

      Colette Baron-Reid

      Did you know you have a powerful personal map that reveals your life's journey
      and gives you the power to shape your destiny? You do. And a great way to
      discover it is by getting Colettte Baron-Reid's fresh and groundbreaking new
      book, The Map: Finding the Magic and Meaning in the Story of Your Life! Drawing
      from her years of expertise as one of the world's most acclaimed intuitive
      counselors, Colette shows you to plot points on your map and discover all the
      archetypal landscapes you've been through so that you can become the mapmaker
      in your life,

      [7]To order and to win $1000's of prizes go here.

      BE YOUR OWN SHAMAN
      Heal Yourself and Others with 21st Century Energy Medicine

      Deborah King
      In her new book, Be Your Own Shaman, best-selling author and master healer
      Deborah King offers a revolutionary step-by-step program that shows you how to
      tap into your hidden powers and inborn abilities. Deborah shows you how to turn
      the clock back, and feel young and vital once again, with all the passion,
      energy and focus required to create the life you deserve. This program combines
      ancient Shamanistic techniques with cutting-edge 21st century medicine and
      leads you to the life you've always dreamed of. Plus, if you buy the book
      today, you'll receive a staggering array of gifts from Deborah and her friends
      and colleagues. You'll also want to participate in the 7-week Facebook contest
      for a chance to win a variety of prizes, including an Apple iPad 2! So don't
      wait,[8] [9]get Be Your Own Shaman today here.

      [10][11]

      About Dr. Charlotte Reznick
      Charlotte Reznick PhD specializes in helping children and adolescents develop
      the emotional skills necessary for a happy and successful life. She is a
      licensed educational psychologist and Associate Clinical Professor of
      Psychology at UCLA. Dr. Charlotte is the creator of Imagery For Kids^TM:
      Breakthrough for Learning, Creativity, and Empowerment and is the author/
      producer of several therapeutic CDs for children, teens, and parents. An
      international workshop leader on the healing power of children's imagination,
      she maintains a private practice in Los Angeles, California. Visit
      [12]www.ImageryForKids.com

      THE POWER OF YOUR CHILD'S IMAGINATION

      [13]

      Go here to join in.....
      [14]Twitter
      [15]Facebook
      [16][17]Linked-In

      UPCOMING EVENTS 2011

      May 2
      Radio Interview
      Toginet Radio
      "Heart-Filled Holidays"
      9:15-9:45 am (PST)
      12:15-12:45 pm (EST)
      Host Sandy Fowler
      ([18]Link to Show[19])
      [20]Podcasts here within 24 hours

      May 18
      Workshop at School
      Kenter Canyon Elementary.
      8:30 am - 10:00 am
      Brentwood, Los Angeles, CA
      [21](Link to school)

      May 23
      Podcast Interview
      Good Enough Moms
      9:45-10:10 am (PST)
      12:45-1:10 pm (EST)
      Hosts Marti & Erin Erickson
      ([22]Link to Show)

      June 12
      Workshop at Conference
      Skirball Cultural Center Presents
      Parenting Seminar
      12:30-5:30 pm
      Using Emotional Intelligence to Raise Compassionate and Resilient Children
      My Parenting Workshop is in Session A
      "The Healing Power of Your Child's Imagination"
      Los Angeles, CA
      [23](Link to Conference)

      I'm passionate about helping kids develop self-love and learn self-healing
      techniques for life's challenges.

      I'd be delighted to come to your school or organization - anywhere in the
      world. Let me share how Nine Imagination Tools can transform stress and anxiety
      into joy and succes for the lives of the children and teens you care about.

      Contact:
      Write me directly and tell me your needs at
      DrReznick@...

      Imagery For Kids | 11911 San Vicente Blvd. | Suite 240 - Brentwood | Los
      Angeles, CA 90049

      Counseling Services, Guided Imagery, and Meditation Training offered to clients
      living in: Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Beverly Hills,
      Beverly Glen, Culver City, Brentwood, Westwood, Marina Del Rey, Mar Vista,
      Encino, Sherman Oaks, Topanga Beach and Topanga Canyon, Ocean Park, Hancock
      Park, West Hollywood.

      Consultation, Workshops, Trainings and Speaking Offered Worldwide: U.S.,
      Europe, Asia, Australia, South America, Africa.

      All Content Copyright ©2010 Charlotte Reznick PhD, All rights reserved.