1632Help Kids Visualize Victory Like Olympic Athletes

  • Dr. Charlotte Reznick PhD
    Mar 1, 2010
      If you are having trouble viewing this message, please go to http://community.icontact.com/p/wwwimageryforkids/newsletters/powerofyourchildsimagination/posts/help-kids-visualize-victory-like-olympic-athletes

      Dear Community,
      Help Kids Visualize Victory
      Like Olympic Athletes:
      9 Tools to Achieve Sports Success
      How would you like to help your child feel as successful as an Olympic
      athlete? Your child’s love of a sport can motivate him to learn the same
      positive visualization techniques that Olympic athletes have used for
      decades.
      Sometimes however, anxiety can stop kids from enjoying activities they
      used to adore. Desire to succeed can also create unrealistic expectations
      and negative attitudes—I'll never be perfect, or I'm afraid I'll let my
      teammates down. Olympic athletes provide a good role model for kids to
      emulate, because they've learned to handle the pressure and still have fun.
      If you want to support your child to reach for the gold yet celebrate the
      bonze—or if your once happy child that used to love skating or basketball
      has been replaced by one who no longer wants to participate—here are 9
      imagination tools that can help.
      [http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-power-imagination/201003/help-kids-visualize-victory-olympic-athletes-do-9-tools-achieve-sp]
      Read more

      SPOTLIGHT ON . . .
      Helping children reach their goals
      Climbing a Mountain of Success CD
      I continue to be stuck by how important imagination is for our Olympic
      athletes. They mentally rehearse over and over again how to perform - on
      the ice, on the slopes, on the field. One young gal said she's been
      imagining herself winning a medal since she was 5 years old - this year she
      did!
      No matter what point a child is at, they can start to take the steps to
      reach their goals. Whether it's like our own Apolo Ohno who, at the
      Vancouver Olympics did his best and wound up being the most medaled Winter
      Olympian with 8 medals - or your tween is desperate to make the next play
      audition, or your teen is aiming to reach his highest academic grades yet,
      this CD will help your kids begin to climb their own mountains of
      success.
      Take a look at Imagery International's review
      [http://www.imageryforkids.com/pdf/sept09_ImageryInt.pdf]
      www.imageryforkids.com/pdf/sept09_ImageryInt.pdf. Then go to
      [http://www.imageryforkids.com/shop-climbingmountain.html]
      www.imageryforkids.com/shop-climbingmountain.html for more info and to
      purchase.

      The ever popular 80+ Free Downloadable Gifts with purchase of The Power of
      Your Child's Imagination is going strong. Take advantage of this offer
      today.
      Help Transform The Lives Of Kids and Receive 80+ Free Bonus Gifts
      When you order LA Times best selling The Power of Your Child's
      Imagination: How to Transform Stress and Anxiety into Joy and Success
      (Perigee/Penguin, 2009) on line.
      - [http://www.imageryforkids.com/book/] Order Here

      With love and light,
      Dr. Charlotte

      featured teachers
      Judith Orloff MD
      Second Sight
      My friend and colleague Judith Orloff MD - New York Times best-selling
      author – is a pioneer who bridges mainstream medicine with intuition,
      energy medicine, and spirituality. Dr. Orloff celebrates the exciting
      launch of the updated and second edition of “Second Sight: An Intuitive
      Psychiatrist Tells Her Extraordinary Story and Shows You How To Tap Your
      Own Inner Wisdom.” A riveting story of Dr. Orloff's exile between two
      worlds—intuition and mainstream medicine—SECOND SIGHT reveals Dr.
      Orloff's journey from an intuitive child, alone with confusing abilities,
      to an esteemed intuitive psychiatrist who dares to come out of the
      “intuitive closet” to defy medical taboos. She also teaches you
      empowering, practical techniques to awaken you own intuitive powers to
      transform your health and life! (This is the new Three Rivers Press
      edition.)
      To purchase the book and receive your special gifts from herself and
      friends Michael Beckwith, Dr. Daniel Amen, Shirley MacLaine, myself. and
      many more go to [http://www.drjudithorloff.com/second-sight-promotion/]
      http://www.drjudithorloff.com/second-sight-promotion/

      Drs. Jerry White and Tomi Bryan
      The 5 Keys to The Great Life
      “The 5 Keys To The Great Life” is a brand-new book by Drs. Jerry White
      and Tomi Bryan – a brother and sister team with a combined background in
      Education, Systems Thinking, Law, and Organizational Management. “The 5
      Keys” is for anyone who has ever asked themselves: “Is this REALLY all
      there is to my life – is THIS as great as it gets?” This book can
      change your perspective on our world, and on the field of self-change …
      and open your eyes to just how great you and your life can become! Get all
      the details TODAY along with all the great gifts they’ve set aside for
      you at [http://www.the5keys.com/promo] http://www.the5keys.com/promo
      About Dr. Charlotte Reznick
      Charlotte Reznick PhD specializes in helping children and adolescents
      develop the emotional skills necessary for a happy and successful life. She
      is a licensed educational psychologist and Associate Clinical Professor of
      Psychology at UCLA. Dr. Charlotte is the creator of Imagery For Kids^TM:
      Breakthrough for Learning, Creativity, and Empowerment and is the
      author/producer of the several therapeutic CDs for children, teens, and
      parents. An international workshop leader on the healing power of
      children's imagination, she maintains a private practice in Los Angeles,
      California. Visit [http://www.ImageryForKids.com] www.ImageryForKids.com

      The Power
      of Your Child's Imagination
      BOOK LAUNCH
      March 6
      Workshop at Conference
      Anxiety Disorders
      Association of America
      10:30-12:00 noon
      Baltimore, MD
      [http://community.adaa.org/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?Site=adaa&WebKey=48db4cbe-d46e-4965-ae5e-0f33406fd6e2&RegPath=EventRegFees&REg_evt_key=5ecc2402-4f0f-462e-b175-328a7a93cf28]
      Link to conference
      March 8
      School Presentation
      California Association
      of Independent Schools
      CAIS Regional Meeting
      11:00 - 12:30 pm
      Campbell Hall School
      North Hollywood, CA
      March 18
      School Presentation
      Canyon Elementary School
      8:30 - 10:00 AM
      Santa Monica, CA
      March 26
      Television Interview
      News Channel 8 /
      ABC / WJLA TV /
      Let’s Talk Live
      Segment during
      1:00-2:00 PM (East Coast)
      Washington DC
      March 27
      Workshop at Conference
      Psychotherapy Networker
      3:00 - 5:00 PM
      Washington DC
      [http://www.psychotherapynetworker.org/] Link to conference
      March 29
      Television Interview
      WTTG / FOX 5
      Washington, DC
      Segment between 8:00-9:00 AM
      [http://www.myfoxdc.com/subindex/entertainment/tv_listings] Link to
      station
      April 6
      Workshop Presentation
      UCLA Psychology Dept.
      Graduate Students
      1:00 - 3:00 PM
      Los Angeles, CA
      April 17
      Public Event
      Healthy Kids Day
      Community Block Party
      YMCA Family Center
      1332 Sixth Street
      Santa Monica CA 90401
      10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
      [http://www.ymcasm.org/feb_newsletter.pdf] Link to event
      April 21
      Public Presentation
      YMCA Family Center
      1332 Sixth Street
      Santa Monica, CA 90401
      6:30 - 8:00 PM
      [http://www.ymcasm.org/] Link to site
      Coming Soon
      Radio Interview
      Healing Times Radio Show
      Host Emmett Miller MD
      [http://www.openmindradio.com/] Link to show

      Radio Interview
      Men and Women of the World
      Host: Helga Sitkin
      2:00 - 2:15 PM (Pacific)
      KCLA 99.3 FM & KALS 97.1 FM
      [http://www.kclafm.com/] Link to show
      Radio Interview
      KTKK AM 630
      Airs Salt Lake City, UT
      Host: Linda Strasburg
      2:30 - 3:00 (Mountain)
      1:30 - 2:00 (Pacific)
      [http://www.k-talk.com/] Link to show
      Radio Interview
      Health Radio Network
      Feelin' Just Ducky
      Host: Barbara Alexander
      [http://www.moneydots.com/] Check here for time listings

      Imagery For Kids | 11911 San Vicente Blvd. | Suite 240 - Brentwood |
      Los Angeles, CA 90049
      Counseling Services, Guided Imagery, and Meditation Training offered to
      clients living in: Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Malibu,
      Beverly Hills, Beverly Glen, Culver City, Brentwood, Westwood, Marina Del
      Rey, Mar Vista, Encino, Sherman Oaks, Topanga Beach and Topanga Canyon,
      Ocean Park, Hancock Park, West Hollywood.
      Consultation, Workshops, Trainings and Speaking Offered Worldwide: U.S.,
      Europe, Asia, Australia, South America, Africa.
      All Content Copyright ©2009 Charlotte Reznick PhD, All rights reserved |
      Photo of Dr. Reznick by Dana Patrick | Design by
      [http://www.mckinleybrown.com] McKinleyBrown

      [http://www.imageryforkids.com/learnMore.html]
      This message was sent by: Imagery For Kids, 11911 San Vicente Blvd.
      Suite 240 - Brentwood
      , Los Angeles, CA 90049

      Email Marketing by iContact: http://freetrial.icontact.com

      Manage your subscription:
      http://app.icontact.com/icp/mmail-mprofile.pl?r=34383555&l=19214&s=UEDO&m=365050&c=513905

      Forward to a friend:
      http://app.icontact.com/icp/sub/forward?m=365050&s=34383555&c=UEDO&cid=513905

      Comment on this message in the iContact Community:
      http://community.icontact.com/p/wwwimageryforkids/newsletters/powerofyourchildsimagination/posts/help-kids-visualize-victory-like-olympic-athletes#commentform

      Receive our messages as an RSS feed:
      http://community.icontact.com/p/wwwimageryforkids/newsletters/powerofyourchildsimagination/rss.xml?r=34383555&l=19214&s=UEDO&m=365050&c=513905