1123Re: [The Indigo Network] 3 Kinds of Alt Schools/new member

  • ArtistDesigner@aol.com
    Dec 15, 2005
      Hi Sara,
      I would suggest that you give it a try. I think it may be better to try
      it and find out his response to the new school then you will know for sure
      if it is worth the extra time. If his feeling and yours is that it is about
      the same, then replace him in the public school but if it's a better
      situation, then you will never be sorry for the richer experiences he has at the new
      school. There is nothing as bad as kicking yourself for something you wish
      you did and had a chance to do. 10 years from now you can't go backwards and
      re-do his schooling but you can always get him back into his public school if
      you choose.
      I am in the same exact situation that you are in ...I have 7 and 8 year
      old boys and the schools here are too expensive for us and the charter
      schools have a 2 year waiting list. Very frustrating.
      I hope your able to try the new school. Good luck!
      Donna

      I would love to get every ones opinion on a possibly great opportunity for
      my son Nathan who is 6 years old. He has been attending public school since
      kindergarten. I have always wished I could get him into some type of
      Montessori schooling but have not had the means but I just amazingly found a charter
      school in my county that is Montessori. It is small, about 150-200 kids,
      grade K-8, has the noncompetitive free think approach and it's free as apposed
      to the 5-7 grand a year it would usually cost. My only dilemma is that the
      school is about an hour away through heavy traffic. His public school is
      right around the corner and my job only a mile away from our house . We would
      leave at 7:30 in the morning and get home by 6:30 at night, which means less
      free time after school for him. I feel like the opportunity is more that
      worth the extra drive time but would it be for him? I think so, what do you guys
      think?

      Thanks!
      Sara