Squanto Story

  • Glenn Welker
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2001
      Dear Friends:

      My name is Jeff Karas. I teach language arts and history to 7th
      graders. I am hoping someone can help me. I am searching for a
      short
      story a read about 25 years ago when I was in Junior High. I do not
      know the author nor title. I only remember what the story was about
      and
      how it was written.

      The story reads as if it is a science fiction story about alien
      abduction. However at the end of the story, you realize this is a
      Native American describing his encounter with English explorers
      during
      the 1600's. I believe the end of the story suggested that it was
      being
      told or written by Squanto. (I'm not sure.) I think it might have
      been
      published in the "Weekly Reader" magazine.

      If you have heard of any such story or know someone who might have
      information about such a story please let me know.

      Thank you

      Jeff Karas <jkaras@...>