ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL MEMBERS

  • Jeanne Svhiyeyi Aga Chadwick
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2008

      Dear Subscribers and Friends,

      I am sorry that I have not sent out any recent updates although I have had every intention of doing so.  Some of you know that I have been experiencing ongoing health issues and this has interfered with my ability to get out news and other information online on my news ezine web site, My Two Beads Worth.  It has been very difficult for me not to provide you with the news since I have never gone this long without an update in the 8 years that 2 beads has been online.  I can't help but feel at times that I am letting you down, although I certainly am aware that there are other sources of news for you all and that I am most certainly replaceable.  However, doing 2 beads has always meant a lot to me and I have met so many wonderful people because of the publication.

      This does not mean I am down and out by any means!  I really tried so hard to get several news items out before the end of the month, but I would sit at my PC and fall asleep!  "grins"  It sounds funny, but it's a battle I have every day, fighting chronic fatigue and I'm stubborn and it's hard for me to give in and rest.  But I am going to try and rest more and hopefully, I'll get a little more energy and be able to do more work in the future.

      I have reports I have done and will put online, even though some of them are from late June and July.  For those of you who may have missed these reports, you will find it interesting I hope.  I am also planning on replacing articles from my archives - since in the past I had posted many interesting reports and information and I know not everyone had the opportunity to see these.

      There is a lot of work that goes into a web site.  It's not like copying and pasting - which can be done quickly and without having knowledge of HTML - the language of web sites.  But I have always enjoyed presenting you with graphics and more of a magazine-styled native news publication.

      We are all busy in the summer and that is something I have on my side,  for not being able to do as much as I want at this time.  All of you are very important to me and I appreciate your patience and your loyalty to this publication that I started in 2000 on a free web hosting site.  Since then, I have learned so much and am still learning something new all the time.

      So, please don't think I have forgotten you - or I am losing interest in doing something that means so much to me.  My Two Beads Worth is a labor of love and it has made living with chronic illness a lot easier as I have always worked since I was 14 years old and then to suddenly have to leave a job I loved was very difficult for me to do.  Getting my first PC in 1999 was a lifesaver for me.

      The summer is nearly over - can you believe it?  August 1st!  Wow - time just seems to fly by so fast - where do all the days go?  I love all the seasons and I'm not quite ready to let summer leave yet.  Are you?

      So my friends - just be patient with me please.  I welcome all the new subscribers - and as always, I am honored by your loyalty to the publication and for all the wonderful friendships I have made over the years.

      Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.

      Many blessings and enjoy the month of August.

      With respect and love,

      Jeanne

      "If the white man wants to live in peace with the Indian, he can live in peace.....Treat all men alike. Give them all the same law. Give them all an even chance to live and grow. All men were made by the same Great Spirit Chief. They are all brothers. The Earth is the mother of all people, and all people should have equal rights upon it.......Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade....where I choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to think and talk and act for myself, and I will obey every law, or submit to the penalty." Chief Joseph, Nez Perce