Seeking Taino Information

  • ghwelker3@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2008
      Seeking Taino Information

      My name is Josh Samuels, I am an independent video game developer. I am working on a game project which puts the player in the position of a Taino man and woman at the time that Columbus arrived. My goal is to present historically accurate information regarding the Taino people and their culture as well as what Columbus and his men did to the Taino people. I feel that having the player actually be a Taino person in the game gives them a closer emotional bond and understanding of what it was like for the Taino.

      To keep this game project as historically accurate as possible I am doing a lot of research both in books and on the internet. I have learned a great deal but there are a number of holes in my research which I think are essential to giving a accurate depiction of the Taino people and culture. Specifically I would like as much information as possible on ceremonies (coming of age, birth, marriage, war, etc) as well as information on what daily life was like. I need a number of activities to give the player historically accurate things to do in the game.

      Any information on books or research papers I should read, experts I should consult or any other resources are greatly appreciated.

      Contact Information:

      Email: josh@...

      Phone: 818-606-6486

      Web Sites: