[indigenous_peoples_literature] Re: A N C I E N T I M M I G R A N T S ??

  • nativelit@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 1999
      From:
      "Iistowanohpataakiiwa" <fourwnds@...>
      Brother,

      you need to spend some time and read "Red Earth, White Lies" by V.
      Deloria, Jr. My people did not come here from Europe, or Asia. We
      did not
      cross some land bridge, we have always been here, this is our promiss
      land,
      and we were placed here by the Creator. We did not migrate here.

      timothy iistowanohpataakiiwa
      @-}----------------------------------------
      Kitsikakomimmotsspoaawa
      "Iistowanohpataakiiwa" <fourwnds@...>
      ==================
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/indigenous_peoples_litera
      ture/?start=1059
      > A N C I E N T I M M I G R A N T S
      > http://www.discovery.com/indep/newsfeatures/ancientimmigrants/ancient
      im
      > migrants.html
      >
      > http://www.discovery.com/indep/newsfeatures/ancientimmigrants/luzia.h
      tml

      > By Blake Edgar
      > 10/26/1999
    • Carlos Ocon Acosta
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 1999
        I think that the long theory of indigenous groups in America as
        descendants of Asians, now Africans and Australians is just totally
        bologna. The evidence, which they make their claims, is weak. Native
        Americans both in North, South, Central America has always being here.
        With very unique civilizations never found anywhere else. If only Native
        Americas had not being so nice with the first European immigrants, today
        it would have being a total different story. It is very frustrating how
        white men with long beards who call themselves archeologist, think that
        with their naive judgements, can change the history of native Americans.
        If that's the case, why not say that Native Americas crossed the Bering
        and
        evolved to become Asians. Is just ridiculous.

        <arlos...