Cornerstone

  • Nathan E Banks
      • the GreyOrm
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 11, 2003
          Oooh...I think I'm in on this one. My regular Monday-night group is taking a break for a few months, so I'll be free every-other-Monday.

          And can we explore some Martian mountains? Yeah, you know what I mean...<wink, wink, nudge, nudge>
          Green-skinned Martian slave girls...know what I mean? Eh? Eh? <wink, wink, nudge, nudge> Say no more!

          <G>

          - Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan

               Art prints, t-shirts, posters and other cool stuff.
               Ravengear @ www.daegmorgan.net/sleipnir/ravengear.htm

          Cornerstone next Monday! The tentative setting is a Jules Verne
          / H. G. Welles light Steampunk kind of deal. Pseudo-historical
          Victorian day setting with interesting gadgets like "Analytical
          Engines," "Anbaric Accelerators," and so on. The plot will
          center around an expedition to the planet Mars, where we will
          explore Martian canals, Martian jungles, Martian volcanos, etc.
          ;)
        • samachadreal <tumblebear@kc.rr.com>
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 12, 2003
            Alas, I'd like to play too. But it sounds as if you meet on Monday
            night and I work second shift and don't get home until 12:30 AM.

            Sigh...

            I'll just have to test it myself.
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 12, 2003

              We often carry the game over onto other night (oftens tuesdays, sometimes Sat)...we'll drop an e-mail to the group in case you would want to jump in or lurk over another night.

              Bob

               "samachadreal <tumblebear@...>" <tumblebear@...> wrote:

              Alas, I'd like to play too. But it sounds as if you meet on Monday
              night and I work second shift and don't get home until 12:30 AM.

              Sigh...

              I'll just have to test it myself.

              September 11, 2001
              Remember the Fallen...
              "FDNY - They did what We would" - Liam Carroll, firefighter

              visit Bob at - http://www.equinoxartstudios.com business

              http://www.geocities.com/bob_mcnamee/   personal

              or Pat at - http://www.feyfolkcrafts.com

            • Travis Casey
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 12, 2003
                On Monday 10 February 2003 6:05, Nathan E Banks wrote:

                > Assuming we finish up the SOAP game tonight, I'm planning on
                > running a Cornerstone playtest next week. Sign up here if you're
                > interested. Cornerstone is not associated with any particular
                > setting, so let's discuss ideas for that.

                I'm interested if I can make it... thinking about character ideas, will
                probably post one tomorrow.

                --
                |\ _,,,---,,_ Travis S. Casey <efindel@...>
                ZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ No one agrees with me. Not even me.
                |,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'
                '---''(_/--' `-'\_)
              • the GreyOrm
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 16, 2003
                  Nathan,

                  I'm thinking of playing the archetypal "Playboy Adventurer": the handsome, young, rich adventurer. I haven't written up my character yet, and I won't be able to until Monday afternoon at the earliest, so count me in as a "maybe."

                • Chris Edwards <thickenergy@yahoo.com>
                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 16, 2003
                    Dr. Carl Rumsfield

                    A hawk-nosed and middle-aged man with graying hair and an impressive
                    handlebar mustache. He is a doctor of Anthropology and Linguistics
                    and serves as Head of Foreign Studies at Oxford. He spent the last
                    year on sabbatical with the Mbuti Pygmies of deepest darkest Africa.

                    Dr. Rumsfield's assistance was requested for this expedition due
                    to his expertise with interacting, communicating, and deciphering
                    the intricacies of foreign cultures.

                    KARMA: 5

                    SOCIAL 4
                    -Diplomacy
                    -Chameleon
                    -Maneuvering
                    -Languages

                    ATHLETICS 3
                    -Fisticuffs
                    -Polo

                    ACADEMICS 3
                    -Research
                    -Lecture

                            Message 13 of 23 , Feb 18, 2003
                              Apollogies for not attending. I wasn't sure when we'd be playing (I did ask
                              in my post), and didn't make time. When's next session? So I can be sure to
                              be there. Did anything happen, or did Nathan's trouble put the kybosh on it?

                              Mike

                              >From: Nathan E Banks <paganini@...>
                              >
                              >The game is afoot... we await the pleasure of Mr. Holmes.
                              >
                              >- --
                              >Nathan E. Banks <Paganini>
                              >
                              >"Life is weird. You need to protect your feet."
                              >
                              > - Pag's Mom
                              >
                              >http://paganini.knightswood.net - Home of Cliff Castle Games
                              >
                              >ICQ 34492883
                              >PGP Public Key Fingerprint:
                              >850A 55AB 1963 7C0E 534A B39E 69D2 9E1D 8483 7773
                              >
                              >- --
                              >"Paganini avoids mediocrity in everything."
                              > - Niccolo Paganini

                            • Nathan E Banks
                              • Nathan E Banks
                                • the GreyOrm
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Feb 25, 2003
                                    And Raven, you shoulda been there. The slave girls were
                                    *Venusian* all along!
                                    Damnit! VENUSIAN slave girls! And I couldn't make it!

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Feb 25, 2003
                                      You know they were saving thew Venusian slave girls for when we weren't
                                      there to enjoy them. Greedy bastards.

                                      Sorry I coudn't make it. Problems with trying to make last minute day-care
                                      arrangements to account for grandparents suddenly deciding to go on a road
                                      trip.

                                      We aren't playing a follow-up tonight like last week?

                                      Mike

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Feb 25, 2003
                                        Tuesday, February 25, 2003, 9:49:46 AM, Mike Holmes wrote:

                                        > You know they were saving thew Venusian slave girls for when we weren't
                                        > there to enjoy them. Greedy bastards.

                                        > Sorry I coudn't make it. Problems with trying to make last minute day-care
                                        > arrangements to account for grandparents suddenly deciding to go on a road
                                        > trip.

                                        > We aren't playing a follow-up tonight like last week?

                                        Nope; Nathan has a rehearsal tonight. If no one seriously objects,
                                        though, we do plan to finish up on Monday.

                                        --
                                        Travis Casey
                                        efindel@...
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Feb 25, 2003
                                            Gotcha. Next Monday it is. Hmm. Perhaps something tonight?

                                            Hey, Travis, what didya think of my latest I-veil post? To artsy? Should I
                                            have used the resolution system somehow? Is hosing my character that way,
                                            OK?

                                            Mike

                                            >From: Travis Casey <efindel@...>
                                            >
                                            >Tuesday, February 25, 2003, 9:49:46 AM, Mike Holmes wrote:
                                            >
                                            > > You know they were saving thew Venusian slave girls for when we weren't
                                            > > there to enjoy them. Greedy bastards.
                                            >
                                            > > Sorry I coudn't make it. Problems with trying to make last minute
                                            >day-care
                                            > > arrangements to account for grandparents suddenly deciding to go on a
                                            >road
                                            > > trip.
                                            >
                                            > > We aren't playing a follow-up tonight like last week?
                                            >
                                            >Nope; Nathan has a rehearsal tonight. If no one seriously objects,
                                            >though, we do plan to finish up on Monday.
                                            >
                                            >--
                                            >Travis Casey
                                            >efindel@...

                                          • Travis Casey
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Feb 25, 2003
                                              Tuesday, February 25, 2003, 1:21:38 PM, Mike Holmes wrote:

                                              > Gotcha. Next Monday it is. Hmm. Perhaps something tonight?

                                              > Hey, Travis, what didya think of my latest I-veil post? To artsy? Should I
                                              > have used the resolution system somehow? Is hosing my character that way,
                                              > OK?

                                              I liked it just fine, and hosing your own character is always fine
                                              with me... I do it to my characters all the time in PBeMs. :-)

                                              I was glad to see that you had Twock hallucinating... the other two
                                              posters so far hadn't really done anything with the potential for
                                              hallucination that the hard drop carries.

                                              I'm thinking I may let Twock be the second person to encounter the
                                              ship's intruder, while he's hallucinating... :-)

                                              --
                                              Travis Casey
                                              efindel@...
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Feb 26, 2003
                                                >From: Travis Casey <efindel@...>

                                                >I'm thinking I may let Twock be the second person to encounter the
                                                >ship's intruder, while he's hallucinating... :-)

                                                Coooool.

                                              • Nathan E Banks