Chronica Feudalis: Black Forest Fantasy

  • thickenergy
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 17, 2009
      Hey all,

      I'll be running a game of Chronica Feudalis, hopefully starting next week, and I'm looking for two more players.

      The game won't be in a straight historical mevieval setting. It will be in a dark fantasy medieval setting with subtle magic and a small degree of supernatural horror.

      I'd like to play on a weekday night or evening, or on Sunday nights. Like I said, I'll be GMing and so far I've got Mike Holmes with a character all ready to go. So if you're interested go ahead and reply here.
    • Jason A. Petrasko
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 17, 2009
        I'm interested, with the following conditions:
        1) I do not need the PDF/book to play. (since I don't own it)
        2) It would have to be Monday night to work for me.

        - Jason P

        thickenergy wrote:

        > Hey all,
        >
        > I'll be running a game of Chronica Feudalis, hopefully starting next
        > week, and I'm looking for two more players.
        >
        > The game won't be in a straight historical mevieval setting. It will
        > be in a dark fantasy medieval setting with subtle magic and a small
        > degree of supernatural horror.
        >
        > I'd like to play on a weekday night or evening, or on Sunday nights.
        > Like I said, I'll be GMing and so far I've got Mike Holmes with a
        > character all ready to go. So if you're interested go ahead and reply
        > here.

        > signature database 4432 (20090917) __________

        > http://www.eset.com

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4432 (20090917) __________

        http://www.eset.com
      • thickenergy
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 17, 2009
          Hey Jason,

          1)Nope don't need the pdf/book to play. The system is pretty simple and elegant, character sheets are available for download from the game's website, and I'll be making up a basic sheet for how resolution works and the options involved.

          2)Monday nights are fine with me. I'll check in with Mike and see how that works for him. I'm on Pacific time, Mike is Central. What timezone are you in?

          -Chris

          --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "Jason A. Petrasko" <jason@...> wrote:

          > I'm interested, with the following conditions:
          > 1) I do not need the PDF/book to play. (since I don't own it)
          > 2) It would have to be Monday night to work for me.
          >
          > - Jason P
          >
          > thickenergy wrote:
          > >

          > > Hey all,
          > >
          > > I'll be running a game of Chronica Feudalis, hopefully starting next
          > > week, and I'm looking for two more players.
          > >
          > > The game won't be in a straight historical mevieval setting. It will
          > > be in a dark fantasy medieval setting with subtle magic and a small
          > > degree of supernatural horror.
          > >
          > > I'd like to play on a weekday night or evening, or on Sunday nights.
          > > Like I said, I'll be GMing and so far I've got Mike Holmes with a
          > > character all ready to go. So if you're interested go ahead and reply
          > > here.

          > > signature database 4432 (20090917) __________

          > > http://www.eset.com
          >

          > __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4432 (20090917) __________

          > http://www.eset.com

        • Jason A. Petrasko
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 17, 2009
            Eastern.

            - Jason

            thickenergy wrote:

            > Hey Jason,
            >
            > 1)Nope don't need the pdf/book to play. The system is pretty simple
            > and elegant, character sheets are available for download from the
            > game's website, and I'll be making up a basic sheet for how resolution
            > works and the options involved.
            >
            > 2)Monday nights are fine with me. I'll check in with Mike and see how
            > that works for him. I'm on Pacific time, Mike is Central. What
            > timezone are you in?
            >
            > -Chris
            >
            > --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:indie-netgaming%40yahoogroups.com>, "Jason A. Petrasko"
            > <jason@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I'm interested, with the following conditions:
            > > 1) I do not need the PDF/book to play. (since I don't own it)
            > > 2) It would have to be Monday night to work for me.
            > >
            > > - Jason P
            > >
            > > thickenergy wrote:
            > > >

            > > > Hey all,
            > > >
            > > > I'll be running a game of Chronica Feudalis, hopefully starting next
            > > > week, and I'm looking for two more players.
            > > >
            > > > The game won't be in a straight historical mevieval setting. It will
            > > > be in a dark fantasy medieval setting with subtle magic and a small
            > > > degree of supernatural horror.
            > > >
            > > > I'd like to play on a weekday night or evening, or on Sunday nights.
            > > > Like I said, I'll be GMing and so far I've got Mike Holmes with a
            > > > character all ready to go. So if you're interested go ahead and reply
            > > > here.
            > > >

            > > > __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
            > > > signature database 4432 (20090917) __________
            > > >
            > > > The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
            > > >
            > > > http://www.eset.com <http://www.eset.com>

            > signature database 4432 (20090917) __________

            > > http://www.eset.com <http://www.eset.com>

            > signature database 4435 (20090917) __________

            > http://www.eset.com

            __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4435 (20090917) __________

            http://www.eset.com
          • thickenergy
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 17, 2009
              Looks like Mondays are a go, Jason. It would work best if we start about 6:30pm Central. Go for about an hour and a half and then take about an hour break for putting kids to bed and such. Then continue for a bit after that. Let me know how that works for you.
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 17, 2009
                Come one, come all to join the ranks of the denizens of the Palace of Delights, the playground of the Overlord of the Great Land. Want to be one of the Royal family? Or on the other end of the spectrum as a slave of the palace? Perhaps a Courtier, Functionary, or even a Eunuch? Now filling over 140 pregenerated character positions for this multi-player, real-time, larpy online game (kinda like a MUSH, if you're familiar, but with Story Game sensibilities).

                Check out the website at: http://random-average.com/PalaceOfDelight/PalaceOfDelight

                If you're interested in a position, mail me, or contact my via IRC, and I can help you get set up. I'm hoping to fill a lot of positions very fast, so get em while they're hot!

                Thanks,
                Mike Holmes

              • Jason A. Petrasko
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 18, 2009
                  That sounds like a solid plan, lets roll! Next week then?

                  - Jason

                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 18, 2009
                    We need to get together at some point so we can get you a character made. The sooner the better if we're going to start this coming Monday. I should be in the irc tonight and every night over the weekend.

                    I'd like to start with three players as well. Right now it's you and Mike. So getting a third player up to speed might cause a delay if I don't find one soon. Or we can run with you two. We'll play it by ear.
                  • Jason A. Petrasko
                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 18, 2009
                      Lets see, I'm going out tonight and gaming on Sunday night, so that
                      really leaves tomorrow online (if evening is the only slot). I should be
                      on between like 8 and 11 EST tomorrow night, and probably during the day
                      too but not the afternoon. (This is a busier weekend than normal for me :D)

                      - Jason

                      thickenergy wrote:

                      > We need to get together at some point so we can get you a character
                      > made. The sooner the better if we're going to start this coming
                      > Monday. I should be in the irc tonight and every night over the weekend.
                      >
                      > I'd like to start with three players as well. Right now it's you and
                      > Mike. So getting a third player up to speed might cause a delay if I
                      > don't find one soon. Or we can run with you two. We'll play it by ear.

                      > signature database 4438 (20090918) __________

                      > http://www.eset.com

                      __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4438 (20090918) __________

                      http://www.eset.com
                    • thickenergy
                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 18, 2009
                        We should be able to catch each other on Saturday. I'll see you in the irc channel.

                        -Chris
                      • josh_the_pirate
                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 20, 2009
                          --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "thickenergy" <thickenergy@...> wrote:

                          > We need to get together at some point so we can get you a character made. The sooner the better if we're going to start this coming Monday. I should be in the irc tonight and every night over the weekend.
                          >
                          > I'd like to start with three players as well. Right now it's you and Mike. So getting a third player up to speed might cause a delay if I don't find one soon. Or we can run with you two. We'll play it by ear.

                          So I find myself with Mondays free and an interest. Are you still looking for a third player?
                          Message 12 of 21 , Sep 20, 2009
                            Woohoo!

                            Mike

                            To: indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com
                            From: suffusionofyellow@...
                            Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 00:42:25 +0000
                            Subject: [indie-netgaming] Re: Chronica Feudalis: Black Forest Fantasy

                            Message 13 of 21 , Sep 20, 2009
                              Hey Josh,

                              Yep, the empty slot is yours if you want it. When do you think you'll be able to get with me to make up a character? It's not a long process, so if you can get on an hour or so before play time that would work. Just let me know if you can.

                              -Chris
                            • josh_the_pirate
                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 21, 2009
                                --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "thickenergy" <thickenergy@...> wrote:

                                > Hey Josh,
                                >
                                > Yep, the empty slot is yours if you want it. When do you think you'll be able to get with me to make up a character? It's not a long process, so if you can get on an hour or so before play time that would work. Just let me know if you can.
                                >
                                > -Chris

                                I was hanging around Sunday night hoping you would show, but alas.

                                I'll float in the channel today and hopefully catch you before the game.

                                -Josh
                              • Jason A. Petrasko
                                Message 15 of 21 , Sep 21, 2009
                                  Any word on an actual time this evening/night? I'm not particularly busy
                                  actually, but it would be nice to have something concrete to look
                                  forward too.

                                  - Jason

                                  Oh, I also bought the PDF, as the rules sound really cool and I'm kind
                                  of glancing it over now. Great writing.

                                  josh_the_pirate wrote:

                                  > --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com
                                  > <mailto:indie-netgaming%40yahoogroups.com>, "thickenergy"
                                  > <thickenergy@...> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Hey Josh,
                                  > >
                                  > > Yep, the empty slot is yours if you want it. When do you think
                                  > you'll be able to get with me to make up a character? It's not a long
                                  > process, so if you can get on an hour or so before play time that
                                  > would work. Just let me know if you can.
                                  > >
                                  > > -Chris
                                  > >

                                  > I was hanging around Sunday night hoping you would show, but alas.
                                  >
                                  > I'll float in the channel today and hopefully catch you before the game.
                                  >
                                  > -Josh

                                  > signature database 4442 (20090921) __________

                                  > http://www.eset.com

                                  __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4443 (20090921) __________

                                  http://www.eset.com
                                • thickenergy
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Sep 21, 2009
                                    Jason,

                                    I thought we had decided about 7/7:30pm your time? That comes out to 4/4:30pm for me. Then we'll play for about an hour and a half, take a break, then play a little more I hope. How late do you want to go?
                                  • thickenergy
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Sep 21, 2009
                                      Josh,

                                      Yeah, I was there after you left. I'm in irc now though if you're around and want to get a character made. I should be more or less around up until game time.

                                      > I was hanging around Sunday night hoping you would show, but alas.
                                      >
                                      > I'll float in the channel today and hopefully catch you before the game.
                                      >
                                      > -Josh

                                    • DC Ansell
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Sep 29, 2009
                                        Is this game still ongoing, and if so, is there room for another player?

                                        Dan

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Sep 30, 2009
                                          Did you get a reply, Dan?

                                          Mike

                                          To: indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com
                                          From: danielcansell@...
                                          Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 23:52:26 -0400

                                          thickenergy wrote:

                                          > We should be able to catch each other on Saturday. I'll see you in the
                                          > irc channel.
                                          >
                                          > -Chris

                                        • DC Ansell
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Oct 1, 2009
                                            Nothing yet. Just got the pdf, book is on the way. It looks pretty
                                            interesting. Sort of a neat mix of a lot of things, system wise.

                                            Message 21 of 21 , Oct 1, 2009

                                              > To: indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com
                                              > From: danielcansell@...
                                              > Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 12:58:53 -0400
                                              > Subject: Re: [indie-netgaming] Re: Chronica Feudalis: Black Forest Fantasy
                                              >
                                              > Nothing yet. Just got the pdf, book is on the way. It looks pretty
                                              > interesting. Sort of a neat mix of a lot of things, system wise.

                                              I very much agree. And in play it's turning out to be quite good at facilitating things. I'm liking it a lot.

                                              Not sure if Chris is seeing these, but I'll mention it at next Monday's game if nothing else. No idea if he's interested in more or not. We have a good group already, but it isn't huge.