Burning Empires Play by Post

  • epweissengruber
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 14, 2008
      I am recruiting for a play-by-post game of Burning Empires.

      I fancy a churning, huge intrigue laden thing. Sorta Dune meets The
      Outlaws of the Marsh meets Empire Strikes Back.
      And lotsa space battles.

      6 players max.

      I will be running it on http://rpol.net

      If you are interested, sign up for a membership there and we will sort
      it all out with discussion threads.

      Looking forward to hearing from you.

      Erik Weissengruber,
      IndieRPG Toronto Grand Panjandrum
    • epweissengruber
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 15, 2008
        --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "epweissengruber" I like to
        imagine the postings to follow the rhythm of the game.

        Every player should complete one scene a week.

        Colour:
        - 1 post
        - the scene could persist with as many back-and-forths as you felt,
        until you wanted to call it quits

        Interstitial;
        - 1 starting post, with a minimum of 1 responses, a concluding post.

        Building
        - 3 posts to represent your building rolls, and the GM or other
        players can chime in if they wish

        Conflict
        - 1 or 2 for setting the conflict's conditions, 1 for scripting a
        volley, 1 for resolving the volley

        So 1 to 3 posts per week.
      • epweissengruber
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 15, 2008
        • epweissengruber
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 15, 2008
          • epweissengruber
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 15, 2008
              I am imagining a system like Shanghai in the 1920's: Foreign powers
              all clustered together in the concessions they have won from a
              fractured local power, and a powerful invader sweeps in. This would
              make for a nice 3-way power struggle.