Re: 13 Jan, also a revision of TB

  • Shreyas Sampat
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 7, 2003
      > Okay, but not before we play next week. You can have your choice of
      > methods, but, trust me, keelhauling feels even worse than it sounds.

      Fair enough.
      Posted a revision of the pdf, correcting these flaws:
      Some mistaken references to past document structure.
      Some clumsy phrasings.
      The Myth section of chapter 1 fixed to remove repeated paragraphs and added a
      comment on the road between redemption and disgrace.
      A comment about group CC in 2.1.
      A character name had been repeated.

      > I'll try to get Tsao-Han into some tolerable form then.

      He looks pretty good. I really like the insane, dying god idea.

      > Yeah, a godling from a dying family of insane, primitive screwheads ;) Are
      > godlings overly popular or something? I was going to make a Skinchanger,
      > but decided against it, at least for the initial playtesting. Still, if
      > you want me to do something different, I'm all up for it. Tsao-Han was
      > just the first thing that popped into my mind. Let me know.

      Actually, your character's the only one that's rooted *specifically* in TB
      cosmology, as opposed to the others, which are all very much the right flavor
      but made without detailed knowledge of the (admittedly sketchy) setting. A
      Skinchanger would have been a neat adversary, depending on how he was played -
      I've portrayed the majority of them as mindless horrors, but mindless does not
      a character make.

      Now what I have is a group of pretty much unrelated characters, and I really
      don't know how to put them together. If anyone has ideas, I'd be better than
      glad to hear them.

      -shreyas

      =====
      ---
      shreyas

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Jonathan Walton
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 7, 2003
        >A Skinchanger would have been a neat adversary, depending on how he was
        >played -
        >I've portrayed the majority of them as mindless horrors, but mindless does not
        >a character make.

        I'll see what I can do. Just for fun, if nothing else. It's about time
        Neranja had some stats anyway, right? >;)

        >Now what I have is a group of pretty much unrelated characters, and I really
        >don't know how to put them together. If anyone has ideas, I'd be better than
        >glad to hear them.

        Well, with Tsao-Han, I tried to set him up for just about anything. He
        wants to stop the decay of his people, but has no clue how, just that he
        has to get out. You could find him anywhere, doing anything, since he's
        driven, but not the brightest cookie in the jar.

        I haven't seen the other characters yet, so have no real suggestions. If
        you want to send them my way, I'll be glad to give you $0.02-$0.05 on the
        subject.

        Later.
        Jonathan