Polaris Play-By-Post, Player Needed

  • Matthew Snover
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2007
      Hi all,

      We need a player for our Polaris Play-By-Post game: Dreams of Eternal
      Night!

      I've been playing in a Polaris Play-By-Post game, and we recently lost
      two of our players (one disappeared mysteriously, and the other has
      decided she doesn't have time for Play-By-Post gaming right now).
      We're far enough into the game that the two of us who remain don't
      want to start a new game, but we're not so far that new players
      couldn't easily join (both of the existing knights are at Zeal 3; of
      the departing protagonists, one was at Zeal 4, and the other was at
      Zeal 1). We're not looking for players to take over the existing
      knights, but rather to play new knights. We already have one new
      player on-board and we need one more.

      Polaris is an ideal game for Play-By-Post, better than most, and may
      excel at PbP gaming even more than in FtF gaming. The medium gives
      you the chance to play multiple scenes concurrently, and to really
      consider what you want to do with the conflict phrases, allowing you
      to come up with really potent scenes. We play the game with two
      concurrent IC threads, so that at any time every player is either a
      Heart or a Mistaken, as well as a Moon in somebody else's scene.

      In terms of posting rate we're looking for at least 2 in-game posts a
      week, more would be nice. This is not a super fast paced game with
      twenty posts a day though. If you want to play in a game where you
      get instant replies, this isn't the game for you. One or two in-game
      posts a day would be the max, but don't expect everyone else to be at
      that same level. We want somebody who can commit in the long-term to
      a game and stick it through to end-game, which is pretty well defined
      in Polaris.

      Previous play experience with Polaris is not at all required. If you
      don't have the rules, that's ok, but you should think about getting
      them. You should also read over the scenes we already played out
      (which are on the game's wiki page).

      We have a wiki for the game with all of the character sheets,
      completed scenes, rule faqs and more at:
      http://www.redkingdreams.com/wiki/index.php?title=Polaris

      The game is being played here:
      http://samaritan1975.proboards20.com/index.cgi?board=polaris

      An actual play report from the first part of the game can be found on
      the wiki here:
      http://www.redkingdreams.com/wiki/index.php?title=Polaris/Actual_Play_Report_I

      - Matt (Garvey on the boards)