Re: Starting New Burning Empires Game Online - Looking for Players

  • Trickster
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
      Are you still looking for players? I just joined the group and I'm
      interested. I have everything except OpenRPG and I've used it before
      but uninstalled it.

      --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "chumatus" <dd.gm@...> wrote:

      > Like the message topic indicates I'm looking for about three players
      > for a Burning Empires campaign that'll be played over the Internet
      > using Skype (VoIP) and OpenRPG (dice roller, mapping and so on).
      > Burning Empires ( http://www.burningempires.com) itself is a
      > narrativistic sci-fi roleplaying game written by Luke Crane from the
      > American indie gaming front and it concentrates on a struggle over the
      > fate of a planet against an invasion. The game supports the developing
      > plot with its mechanics and doesn't leave the results of the conflict
      > for GM fiat.
      >
      > I'm planning the campaign to have at least weekly sessions, but
      > hopefully often and I estimate that the a single session should take
      > no more than six hours at a time and I'm hoping to cut that down
      > eventually when the players get more familiar with the system. The
      > game itself is suitable for network gaming because it doesn't require
      > the adventuring group cliche and supports a more nonlinear plot (not
      > unlike a book with several main characters whose stories are
      > intertwined). My accent is atrocious so I plan to communicate most of
      > the NPC comments through text but I plan to try to handle most rules
      > issues through speech.
      >
      > You will need:
      > -A computer (Windows, Linux, Os X but enough performance for Skype)
      > -Your very own Burning Empires rulebook or a bought PDF
      > -Microphone (optional)
      > -Skype ( http://www.skype.com )
      > -OpenRPG ( http://www.openrpg.com )
      > -Webcam optional
      > I can offer a certain amount of techical support for program setup via
      > IRC, Skype or some instant messenger program (ICQ, AIM, MSN). I can
      > compromise over the text communcation method used and about the voice
      > chat.
      >
      > You can contact me by writing a private message or contacting a
      > nickname Chuma on IRCNet or MagicStar. You may also write to this
      > thread but getting a reply that way might take longer.
      >
      > No tourist players, please.
      >
      > -A.K.

    • Christopher Perrin
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2007
        I'm all for it. I love the setting and was a huge Burning Wheel fan.

        --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "Trickster" <orklord@...>
        wrote:

        > Are you still looking for players? I just joined the group and I'm
        > interested. I have everything except OpenRPG and I've used it
        before
        > but uninstalled it.
        >
        > --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "chumatus" <dd.gm@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Like the message topic indicates I'm looking for about three
        players
        > > for a Burning Empires campaign that'll be played over the
        Internet
        > > using Skype (VoIP) and OpenRPG (dice roller, mapping and so on).
        > > Burning Empires ( http://www.burningempires.com) itself is a
        > > narrativistic sci-fi roleplaying game written by Luke Crane from
        the
        > > American indie gaming front and it concentrates on a struggle
        over the
        > > fate of a planet against an invasion. The game supports the
        developing
        > > plot with its mechanics and doesn't leave the results of the
        conflict
        > > for GM fiat.
        > >
        > > I'm planning the campaign to have at least weekly sessions, but
        > > hopefully often and I estimate that the a single session should
        take
        > > no more than six hours at a time and I'm hoping to cut that down
        > > eventually when the players get more familiar with the system.
        The
        > > game itself is suitable for network gaming because it doesn't
        require
        > > the adventuring group cliche and supports a more nonlinear plot
        (not
        > > unlike a book with several main characters whose stories are
        > > intertwined). My accent is atrocious so I plan to communicate
        most of
        > > the NPC comments through text but I plan to try to handle most
        rules
        > > issues through speech.
        > >
        > > You will need:
        > > -A computer (Windows, Linux, Os X but enough performance for
        Skype)
        > > -Your very own Burning Empires rulebook or a bought PDF
        > > -Microphone (optional)
        > > -Skype ( http://www.skype.com )
        > > -OpenRPG ( http://www.openrpg.com )
        > > -Webcam optional
        > > I can offer a certain amount of techical support for program
        setup via
        > > IRC, Skype or some instant messenger program (ICQ, AIM, MSN). I
        can
        > > compromise over the text communcation method used and about the
        voice
        > > chat.
        > >
        > > You can contact me by writing a private message or contacting a
        > > nickname Chuma on IRCNet or MagicStar. You may also write to this
        > > thread but getting a reply that way might take longer.
        > >
        > > No tourist players, please.
        > >
        > > -A.K.

      • thekrown
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 10, 2007
          Count me in as interested in joining. My available times are, Pacfic:
          Monday: 5pm-11pm
          Tuesday: 3pm-1am
          Wednesday: 5pm-11pm
          Thursday: 3pm-1am
          Friday: 9pm-1am
          Saturday*: 1pm-1am
          Sunday*: 1pm-1am

          * May be occasinially, somewhat unpredictably available between 4pm
          and 8pm.

          --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Perrin"