starting a pbem

  • efindel <efindel@earthlink.net>
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2002
      I'm about to start a pbem game using a custom setting (far-future SF, high biotech, AI), and a custom system (largely based on
      Universalis, Story Engine, and Theatrix).

      You can find background info at:

      http://home.earthlink.net/~efindel/SFpbem/

      I'm looking for a total of 6 to 11 players to start with, so if lots of people are interested, I may not be able to take
      everyone. Preference will be given to people I have good prior knowledge of, from personal contact, past pbems I've run/played
      in, and/or prior net contact.

      --
      Travis Casey
      efindel@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 8, 2002
        Hmm. Interesting. Very Traveller in some ways, but without the aliens or
        Imperium. So, not very Traveller in some ways.

        The text ways that the PCs will be the crew of an "Independent" ship. What
        does that mean, exactly? Or is it to be determined by the players, in part?

        Mike

        >From: "efindel <efindel@...>" <efindel@...>
        >
        >I'm about to start a pbem game using a custom setting (far-future SF, high
        >biotech, AI), and a custom system (largely based on
        >Universalis, Story Engine, and Theatrix).
        >
        >You can find background info at:
        >
        > http://home.earthlink.net/~efindel/SFpbem/
        >
        >I'm looking for a total of 6 to 11 players to start with, so if lots of
        >people are interested, I may not be able to take
        >everyone. Preference will be given to people I have good prior knowledge
        >of, from personal contact, past pbems I've run/played
        >in, and/or prior net contact.
        >
        >--
        >Travis Casey
        >efindel@...

      • Travis Casey
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2002
          On Sunday 08 December 2002 11:51, Mike Holmes wrote:

          > Hmm. Interesting. Very Traveller in some ways, but without the aliens or
          > Imperium. So, not very Traveller in some ways.

          That's what everyone keeps saying. :-)

          > The text ways that the PCs will be the crew of an "Independent" ship.
          > What does that mean, exactly? Or is it to be determined by the players,
          > in part?

          For the most part, it means that the crew or some subgroup of the crew
          owns the ship. The crew are "independent contractors", not a ship and crew
          working for some freight company or courier company or the like. Exact
          specifics will be up to the players.

          --
          |\ _,,,---,,_ Travis S. Casey <efindel@...>
          ZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ No one agrees with me. Not even me.