Playtest: Gothic Speed Dating!

  • Dev Purkayastha
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1 2:08 PM
      My game, "Dance and the Dawn", could use a IRC playtest. It's
      basically Gothic Speed Dating vis-a-vis a chess board.

      http://devp.backpackit.com/pub/474032

      If you're interested, please let me know, or ping me when I'm on the
      #indierpgs channel.

      -d
    • aaaaaaa zzzzzzz

        Message 3 of 4 , May 2 9:47 AM
          >From: aaaaaaa zzzzzzz <hereticalfaction@...>
          >
          >Interesting. I like the concept. In what sense do you mean for this to be
          >"gothic speed dating"?

          I think Dev means it in a very tongue-in-cheek manner, and you're taking it
          way too seriously. :-)

          I gave the game high ratings in the Iron Game Chef for which Dev designed
          it, and I do think that it's a cool concept that could become a really great
          game with some playtesting.

          Mike
        • Dev Purkayastha
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2 10:07 AM
            So to clarify, the "gothic speed dating" was a quip from one of my
            friends while playtesting. <g> I think he meant a bit more in the
            sense of "gothic romantic". (Note at the major inspirational material
            here is Utena.)

            Here's how the flpw of the game actually is:

            * On Person in a Narrator/GM role will portray the Duke, the Queen,
            and all the Lords. The secrets of all the Lords, including which one
            lacks a soul, will be known only to the GM.

            * 3 players will each play one of the Ladies, and can compete with
            each other for favor while trying to figure out the Lords' true
            natures by asking the right questions.

            It's a talky game, and I think it takes 1-2 hours. Let me know what
            day of the week you'd be interested!

            -d