Re: [indie-netgaming] Re: PBP Sorcerer (or maybe IRC)

  • Christopher Weeks
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 16, 2006
      samachadreal wrote:

      > Okay I've got four interested in PBP which is enough for me.

      So Trevis, you mentioned rpol and some other venue. Is there some
      reason that those are better than playing on e.g. your wiki? I'm good
      with whatever, just curious.

      Chris
    • theGreyOrm
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 16, 2006
        From: "samachadreal" <tumblebear@...>
        > Okay I've got four interested in PBP which is enough for me. Raven it
        > looks like no one is up for IRC, sorry mate. I'd still like to play
        > IRC sometime but let's wait a bit.

        Damn, and here I was going to charge admission for a knock-down, drag-out
        fight between Chris and I over the format! <G>

        Seriously, though, Trevis, not a problem; that's the way things go. I can
        wait for an IRC game sometime in the future.

        - Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan

        On Sale Now!
        "The Way of the Magus: On Language and Research"
        http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=5329
      • trevism
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 16, 2006
          Hey Chris.

          Goldenchainpress IS my wiki, by my phrasing it looked like different
          things. As for rpol, some (including myself) have already played there
          and they have stuff like a built in die roller for Sorcerer (sorts
          highest to lowest, Alex had them put it in when we were playing Razing
          Arizona) and ways to whisper to GM and each other. Otherwise it is an
          ordinary bbs. My gripe about it is the guy is dead set against having
          email notification or an rss feed available. I understand why, he
          believes you should come to the site everyday, but I live by rss feeds
          these days.

          My wiki is certainly a possible option. It has seen very little
          activity for a while and it does run a little on the slow side using
          plain old CGI so I have been toying with other pieces of software,
          like drupal and mediawiki to see if I wanted to replace the software
          I'm using on my site with something else. On the plus side I really
          like wiki and I like TWiki's version of the wiki syntax.

          So um, the short answer is no, there isn't a particular reason aside
          from a few features difference between the options.

          I hadn't decided for sure so I thought I'd see if others had a preference.

          Trevis

          --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Weeks <yahoo@...>