Re: [indie-netgaming] Re: Voice Tech

  • Loki
    Message 1 of 235 , Aug 31, 2005
      > I'm not convinced. Perhaps it's just me, but I've always found voice
      > communication superior to IRC. I've never been in a polite conversation
      > where people just talk all over each other. If people start talking over
      > each other, they will hear that they are and stop. Usually one is polite
      > enough to tell the other to 'go ahead'. Any momentary unintelligibility
      > will be outweighed at the vastly quicker rate you can exchange
      > information. Logging might be a problem, but no more so than in a face
      > to face game.

      I'll note I've done a lot of phone conferences at work and this is
      absolutely true. People naturally fall into a rhythm of allowing people to
      speak, and waiting patiently while other people speak. (Some phone
      conference centers only allow one person to speak at a time, but most
      don't, and it works fine.)

      --
      Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- http://ivanhoeunbound.com -- xiomBRAG on AIM
      cats * hats * RPGs * love * Eris * Agent Patriot * anime * Dada * poetry
      Message 235 of 235 , Nov 18, 2007
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the indie-netgaming
        group.

        File : /Eldritch%20Tales%.pdf
        Uploaded by : b_bankhead <b_bankhead@...>
        Description : Eldritch tales is a Lovecraftian game that I started work on , maybe I'll finish it

        You can access this file at the URL:

        Regards,

        b_bankhead <b_bankhead@...>