Re: [indie-netgaming] I'm back...

  • Christoffer Lerno
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 29, 2002
      > (and now I'm going back to my Commodore
      > 64 days...with a good old game of
      > M.U.L.E. ! - and its crossed my mind to
      > try to make M.U.L.E. the RPG)

      M.U.L.E. is a wonderful game, unfortunately it's
      hard to get todays spoiled brats to appreciate the
      simplicity and enjoyment of it. :( Noone wants to
      play with me.

      Now an internet M.U.L.E. game, that would be
      something.
    • Christoffer Lerno
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 1, 2002
        I was thinking of some THE EVIL on Sunday or Monday
        6pm CDT. Anyone interested?

        Your Friendly Neighbour Horror,

        /C
      • Shreyas Sampat
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 1, 2002
          --- Christoffer Lerno <lerno@...> wrote:
          > I was thinking of some THE EVIL on Sunday or Monday
          > 6pm CDT. Anyone interested?

          I certainly am...

          ..shreyas

          HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
          http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
        • Christoffer Lerno
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 1, 2002
            >> I was thinking of some THE EVIL on Sunday or
            Monday
            >> 6pm CDT. Anyone interested?
            >
            >I certainly am...
            >
            >..shreyas

            Cool. +1 player. When can you play? Sunday or Monday
            or both?
          • Christoffer Lerno
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 1, 2002
              Sorry, that would be SATURDAY or SUNDAY 6pm CDT and
              not Sunday/Monday.

              I possibly could run an Yggdrasil sample with The
              Evil rules (another way of saying "almost ruleless")
              but it would be very experimental. I don't know if I
              have "the stuff" yet.

              Let me know y'all!
            • Chris Edwards
              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 2, 2002
                Perhaps I've missed something, but why would you run Ygg with The
                Evil's rules?

                -Chris
              • Christoffer Lerno
                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 2, 2002
                  > Perhaps I've missed something, but why would
                  > you run Ygg with The Evil's rules?

                  Because the current rules for Ygg are not usable for
                  actual play. Bob made up a goblin incidentally so
                  things are getting started. However, expect that
                  I'll be adding ad hoc rules sampled from Ygg as we
                  go along and find ourselves in need of them.
                  BUT for the sake of starting up easily and with
                  little bagage I begin with THE EVIL which is
                  certified to work EF style. I NEED to play Ygg
                  "Effect First" or I'm convinced it will come out
                  pretty flat.
                • Christoffer Lerno
                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 2, 2002
                    Everyone up for some EVIL should check in at
                    #indierpgs between 6:30 and 7:00 pm CDT TODAY. See
                    you there.

                    /C
                  • Chris Edwards
                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 2, 2002
                      > Because the current rules for Ygg are not usable for
                      > actual play. Bob made up a goblin incidentally so
                      > things are getting started. However, expect that
                      > I'll be adding ad hoc rules sampled from Ygg as we
                      > go along and find ourselves in need of them.
                      > BUT for the sake of starting up easily and with
                      > little bagage I begin with THE EVIL which is
                      > certified to work EF style. I NEED to play Ygg
                      > "Effect First" or I'm convinced it will come out
                      > pretty flat.

                      What I don't understand I suppose is how you can divorce Ygg of its
                      mechanics and still be playing Ygg. You would be using the setting
                      but not playing the game of Ygg, in my opinion.

                      -Chris
                    • Chris Edwards
                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 2, 2002
                        --- In indie-netgaming@y..., Christoffer Lerno <lerno@h...> wrote:
                        > Everyone up for some EVIL should check in at
                        > #indierpgs between 6:30 and 7:00 pm CDT TODAY. See
                        > you there.

                        What's the modifier to convert CDT to GMT? I can't seem to find it
                        anywhere.

                        -Chris
                      • Christoffer Lerno
                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 2, 2002
                          > What's the modifier to convert CDT to GMT?
                          > I can't seem to find it anywhere.

                          I don't remember. BUT. I'm online now waiting for
                          all of you.
                          Message 12 of 18 , Nov 2, 2002

                            on my way....

                             Christoffer Lerno <lerno@...> wrote:

                            > What's the modifier to convert CDT to GMT?
                            > I can't seem to find it anywhere.

                            I don't remember. BUT. I'm online now waiting for
                            all of you.

                            September 11, 2001
                            Remember the Fallen...
                            "FDNY - They did what We would" - Liam Carroll, firefighter

                            visit Bob at -

                            http://www.equinoxartstudios.com   business  http://www.geocities.com/bob_mcnamee/   personal

                            or Pat at - http://www.feyfolkcrafts.com

                          • Christoffer Lerno