Re: Hero Quest

  • bigblackcatmail
    Message 1 of 42 , Sep 1, 2004
      Hi Mike:
      I'm definitely interested in continuing. I haven't been all that
      active on this group lately because I've been trying to find a (real)
      job, trying not to lose my mind while living with the in-laws, trying
      to keep my wife from not losing her mind due to life with her parents
      and also trying to find a potential social group (gaming or
      otherwise) to which myself and possibly my wife may retreat to help
      with those last two tasks. In between all that though, I'm slowly
      reintroducing myself to the old internet haunts (like the Forge and
      here) as well as put together a review of Brad's M&M adventure (which
      is a good read) and took care of some freelance design/web stuff for
      which I'm still trying to get paid. My priorities are all juggled
      right now. Sorry about that.

      Off and on, I have been brainstorming on what to do with Lhan. I read
      your post a couple of weeks back but obviously missed one or two. I
      wasn't clear on the timeline of when you needed these write-ups. I
      scanned over the post when I saw it and filed it away on my to-do-
      sometime list. I'm sorry about that.

      One of the reasons I've been so unresponsive isn't due to lack of
      interest, but rather lack of ideas. My problem with Lhan is that his
      story's done. He redeemed himself, somewhat, which was his whole
      point. Would he slip further and further into madness and depravity
      or give up his fantasyland to do something good and right? I honestly
      had no other idea what to do with his character after the last
      session.

      So, I've decided recently that Lhan is going to die. He picked up
      Serama and carried her out into the desert to save her from the evil
      lady in armor thing. That would've been enough contact to have
      positively drained him of whatever tenuous hold he might've had on
      his wretched life at that point. I haven't written it up (partially
      because I'm absent-minded and partially because it's an idea that has
      just occurred to me recently) but my full intentions are to rejoin
      the game as the daughter. I think this is a prime point where Lhan's
      story ends and Serama's begins.

      I'll try and do a write-up on the situation as well as generate
      Serama's character sometime in the next week or so. Hopefully, I'll
      have time this weekend. The in-laws are pretty famous for spur of the
      moment family trips/chores/activities though, so my free time to get
      this writeup done might be sucked away. But I wanted you to know that
      I'm definitely interested in playing and give you an idea of the
      direction I was planning on going. If nothing else, it gives me a
      legitimate reason to lock myself in my room one night a week.

      Somehow I've reverted to 1985. Now all I need is a poster of the
      Sisters of Mercy, a pair of combat boots, some hair-gel and some hair
      to put it in.

      :)

      Scott
    • bigblackcatmail
      Message 42 of 42 , Sep 11, 2004
        Talk about character creation day! Here's my proposal for Darkbabe.
        Let me know if it's ok or not. Thanks.

        Alicia Baines

        Number = 3
        Fighting: 1-2 (Unarmed Combat)
        Magic: 4-10 (see below)
        Intrigue: 3-10 (??not sure what to put here??)

        Appearance: A 17-19 year old girl with curly blond hair that hangs
        down in her face. She wears a torn white gown and has a pair of
        leather bracers on her forearms which look like they could be (or
        were) attached to some chains in a dungeon of some sort.

        Alicia has burn scars on her arms, back and one along the side of her
        face. For some reason, the scars are not healing all that quickly.
        Other than that, she has the classic, all-american cheerleader look,
        albeit a little paler than usual.

        Backstory: (not sure if this is appropriate so stop me if I go too
        far) Alicia was abducted about 12 years ago and became the plaything
        of a group of very old vampires. After a significant time passed, she
        became a vampire herself. The VoV's were all she knew in her dungeon
        for about 10 years. Shortly after becoming a vampire, she awoke one
        night in a box placed in a warehouse in the city. She does not know
        why she was placed there if the VoVs set her free, moved away or if
        someone else took her and put her there. She's out for revenge though.
        She wants to make those VoV's and whoever was working with or for them
        pay for the decade of torture she was subjected to. She's a little
        warped from basically being locked in an S&M dungeon for the
        delight/entertainment/study (?) of this weird society of Elder
        vampires throughout the `90s but she picked up a little bit of ritual
        magic from her Elders and is now proceeding to "spit on their graves".

        Note on Magic: I wanted her specialty to be mind-affecting abilities.
        I guess the best way to put it would be a bit of Obfuscate with a bit
        of Dementation thrown in as well. No mind control or lie-detecting
        stuff. Just some cloaking/image altering stuff and the ability to
        cause very high, even paralyzing levels of fear in mortals (ala
        Nightmare) or whatnot. Think about the Hag sleeping syndrome and I
        think you'll get the picture…

        Is all that okay? Do you need anything else from me? I'd really like
        to join in this wednesday if that's cool with you.

        thanks.
        Scott

        --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "Nathan E. Banks"