RE: [indie-netgaming] Re: Sorcerer

    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 19 6:57 AM
      >From: "samachadreal" <tumblebear@...>

      > > What I would say is that I think that if you intend to run Sorcerer
      >online,
      > > be prepared for a lot of hard work, and be committed to seeing it
      >through.
      > > Maybe it's just coincidence that these all fell apart, but there might
      >be
      > > more to it than that.
      >
      >Well Lxndr's Razing Arizona game is still going on RPOL from when we
      >started it way back
      >in....um...wow, last July.

      Hmmm. Maybe it's just me somehow. ;-)

      >(I'm in it and I didn't even realize it had been that long.) We're a
      >pretty dedicated group.

      Yes, I think that this game should be a model for people who want to play
      Sorcerer online. Especially the discussion up front that, I think, really
      got people properly invested in the game.

      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 19 7:23 AM
        >From: "Lee" <leereynoldson@...>

        >I was hoping to play rather than GM (having never played before)
        >vanilla modern Sorcerer preferably (cos I know once I get going it
        >will be Sorcerer and Sword all the way).

        Seems an odd thing to say - if you "know" where you'll be playing in the
        end, then why not go there first? Why the preliminary? There's nothing
        inherently important about playing in the example setting from the book. I'd
        skip it, unless it really speaks to you directly.

        This is an important thing about Sorcerer, the work up should make you
        really want to play.