Re: [indie-netgaming] Looking to start a Burning Wheel game

  • Travis Casey
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 12, 2004
      On Saturday 12 June 2004 17:20, dagreatjl wrote:

      > Hi, I'm itching to try out the BW books I bought recently, and can't
      > find anyone local, so I figured I would try for some online play. If
      > interested, I've started a discussion topic about it at
      > <http://www.burningwheel.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=478>. I have not
      > decided on a medium (email, message board, chat, insert other choice
      > here), I wanted to wait to see who was interested and what they
      > could handle.

      I'd be up for a PBEM or message board BW game... a chat game is harder for
      me, since it requires regularly-scheduled fairly large chunks of free time.

      (Replying here since I don't have a login on the BW discussion boards, and
      am in a bit of a rush tonight.)

      --
      |\ _,,,---,,_ Travis S. Casey <efindel@...>
      ZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ No one agrees with me. Not even me.
      |,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'
      '---''(_/--' `-'\_)
    • Christopher Weeks
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 12, 2004
        Travis Casey wrote:

        > I'd be up for a PBEM or message board BW game... a chat game is harder for
        > me, since it requires regularly-scheduled fairly large chunks of free time.
        >
        > (Replying here since I don't have a login on the BW discussion boards, and
        > am in a bit of a rush tonight.)

        Everything he said...me too. My books are packed for a move in the near
        future, but I've played once (with Luke at a con) and read them. I'm
        interested to see how scripted combat PBP or PBE would work.

        Chris
      • thekrown
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 13, 2004
          Well, -I'd- be up for a face-face burning wheel game*nudge nudge*but
          any other medium would be decent, though I'm somewhat burnt out on
          play by post
        • dagreatjl
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 13, 2004
            Hrmm... I'm honestly leaning in the direction of play-by-post,
            because it doesn't require schedule feats, it's something I'm
            familiar with in general (though applying it to BW will be new) and
            because setting it up would be easier. I think I'd want to try Von
            Goten's Predicament to start, to work out the kinks of transfering
            the game to a non-tabletop format, and to test out how quickly play
            goes.
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 14, 2004
              I'm kinda interested in playing, but it seems to me that BW combat, while at
              first blush seems to be good given scripting, will actually be somewhat hard
              to do in PBEM format. Unless you intend to play out scripts without allowing
              changes at all...which could be interesting.

            • dagreatjl
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 15, 2004
                So, anybody interested in playing a PbP game of BW can go
                here:http://dagreatjl.proboards34.com
                We'll work out the details of the game tweaks there.