Re: Any Takers for hq?

  • bigblackcatmail
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 1, 2004
      As I stated last week, I will be there this Friday. My internet connection =
      is crappy, so I empathize with Brand. Mine is dial-up with phone wiring in m=
      y house that is over 20 years old. Everytime someone tries to call my house =
      (telemarketer or otherwise) I get booted offline. :)

      But I will be there, I stayed up until 2am last night to get the Anti-Virus=
      software installed and the virus files updated, only to get up at 6am to be=
      here at work. So, I'm serious about making this game.

      Besides, I think Lhan's tied up in a metaphor or something. BTW, has Nathan=
      turned my daughter into a blood-drinking cultist yet??

      Scott

      --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Holmes" <homeydont@h...> wrot=
      e:

      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 2, 2004
        >From: "bigblackcatmail" <bigblackcatmail@...>
        >
        >As I stated last week, I will be there this Friday.

        Yay!

        >My internet connection =
        >is crappy, so I empathize with Brand. Mine is dial-up with phone wiring in
        >m=
        >y house that is over 20 years old. Everytime someone tries to call my house
        >=
        >(telemarketer or otherwise) I get booted offline. :)

        Gah, that sucks. Explains the mysterious dissapearances previously, however.
        Not a problem, we can play around any absences.

        >Besides, I think Lhan's tied up in a metaphor or something.

        ???

        >BTW, has Nathan=
        > turned my daughter into a blood-drinking cultist yet??

        Not quite yet.... :-)

        Persistent heartburn? Check out Digestive Health & Wellness for information
        and advice. http://gerd.msn.com/default.asp
      • bigblackcatmail
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 9, 2004
          I was holding out as long as I could, until I knew for sure whether or not I would make it to the HQ game tonight.

          My wife had her work schedule juggled around on Wednesday and is working tomorrow night instead of tonight. Hence, we're having our together time this evening instead of tomorrow night.

          I'll see you guys next week. I may be able to pop in later tonight (12pm or so) but don't wait up for me...

          P.S. I picked up a Trohan Horse virus last week "IRC_BACKDOOR." Did anyone else come across something similar? Is this a typical occurence on iRC? It's not that big of a deal but it did give me cause for concern.

          Scott