Pokethulu.

  • panda_alchemist
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2004
      So, I picked this up on the cheap a few days ago, and I'm pretty
      amused by it. It does the monster-catching-battling thing better than
      BESM/Seizure Monsters, and I think the subject matter (cthulhuoid
      beasties) is more appealing to the ING folk than the source
      (saccharinely-cute cuddlies).

      Play goes something like this:

      Create your Trainer kid, of an age between 5 and 16. then pick some
      scores for things like Trash Talking, Education, and some other odds
      and ends. Grade Level is dependant on age.

      Anytime you need to roll, you roll either 1, 2, or 3 dice, depending
      on whether it's stupidly hard or just kinda tricky (hard = 1 die,
      kinda tricky = 3 dice), and try and roll under one of your applicable
      stats.

      Your little monster buddies have Lovecraftian-appropriate Types (as
      opposed to the Pokemon standards of Grass, Fighting, Ghost, et
      cetera, it's more like Non-Euclidian or Slimy or Undead, and so on).

      Then the trainers take their beasties and go beat up other beasties.
      The "dungeons" are more likely a 2 storey house or small forest than
      a 30-level crypt. Still plenty of battlin', that's the goal.

      Anyway, not a lot of -deep- gameplay, but if 2 or 3 people wanna give
      this a shot some evening, let me know.

      --mouse