Fastlane SPECIAL NOTICE

  • Alexander Cherry
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 31, 2003
      Thanks to Lance/Wolfen's help, I have an OpenRPG "map" set up, using
      the Roulette layout. If all the Fastlane players could please
      install the OpenRPG program(s) PRIOR TO next Tuesday night
      (www.openrpg.com) and announce it here so that I can keep track of
      y'all. Maybe a graphical representation of a layout and chips will
      help with the playing of Fastlane online.

      Any objections?
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 3, 2003
        I've made some space on my drive... installed software etc...ready for life in the Fastlane.

        Bob McNamee

        see ya'll tomorrow

        Alexander Cherry <lxndr@...> wrote:
        Thanks to Lance/Wolfen's help, I have an OpenRPG "map" set up, using
        the Roulette layout. If all the Fastlane players could please
        install the OpenRPG program(s) PRIOR TO next Tuesday night
        (www.openrpg.com) and announce it here so that I can keep track of
        y'all. Maybe a graphical representation of a layout and chips will
        help with the playing of Fastlane online.

        Any objections?

        http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/ofVplB/TM

      • Alexander Cherry
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 4, 2003
          Rock on. And Nate and Trev have installed theirs. Mouse?

          I think we should meet a half hour early (5:30 pacific/6:30
          mountain/7:30 central/8:30 eastern) so we can spend some "OpenRPG
          futzing" time. Thoughts?

          --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, Robert McNamee
          <mcnameebob@y...> wrote:
          > I've made some space on my drive... installed software etc...ready
          for life in the Fastlane.

          > Bob McNamee
          >
          > see ya'll tomorrow
        • samachadreal
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 4, 2003
            I downloaded the software but apparantly there are issues with
            installing it on OS X. Namely that Python doesn't seem to work
            correctly. There is a workaround and I'm seeing if I can do it but
            it involves getting an x11 environment and hacking around the unix
            which I'm not so familiar with. No garuntees.

            Trevis

            --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "Alexander Cherry"
            <lxndr@c...> wrote:
            > Rock on. And Nate and Trev have installed theirs. Mouse?
            >
            > I think we should meet a half hour early (5:30 pacific/6:30
            > mountain/7:30 central/8:30 eastern) so we can spend some "OpenRPG
            > futzing" time. Thoughts?
            >
            > --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, Robert McNamee
            > <mcnameebob@y...> wrote:
            > > I've made some space on my drive... installed software
            etc...ready
            > for life in the Fastlane.
            > >
            > > Bob McNamee
            > >
            > > see ya'll tomorrow
          • Alexander Cherry
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 4, 2003
              Eek.

              Well, if it doesn't work out, we can keep on using IRC. No biggie.
              I'm eminently curious as to whether or not the change will impact
              gameplay, though.

              --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "samachadreal"
              <tumblebear@k...> wrote:
              > I downloaded the software but apparantly there are issues with
              > installing it on OS X. Namely that Python doesn't seem to work
              > correctly. There is a workaround and I'm seeing if I can do it but
              > it involves getting an x11 environment and hacking around the unix
              > which I'm not so familiar with. No garuntees.
              >
              > Trevis
              >
              > --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "Alexander Cherry"
              > <lxndr@c...> wrote:
              > > Rock on. And Nate and Trev have installed theirs. Mouse?
              > >
              > > I think we should meet a half hour early (5:30 pacific/6:30
              > > mountain/7:30 central/8:30 eastern) so we can spend some "OpenRPG
              > > futzing" time. Thoughts?
              > >
              > > --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, Robert McNamee
              > > <mcnameebob@y...> wrote:
              > > > I've made some space on my drive... installed software
              > etc...ready
              > > for life in the Fastlane.
              > > >
              > > > Bob McNamee
              > > >
              > > > see ya'll tomorrow
            • samachadreal
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 4, 2003
                It looks like I have a family obligation which is going to impact me
                doing the game tonight. I will try to get online when I can but I
                might be late by an hour. There is a slim chance I won't make it at
                all. I won't have time to try to solve the open rpg issue before the
                game. Hopefully you can carry on without me, for a bit anyway.

                Sorry,

                <lxndr@c...> wrote:
                > Eek.
                >
                > Well, if it doesn't work out, we can keep on using IRC. No
                biggie.
                > I'm eminently curious as to whether or not the change will impact
                > gameplay, though.
                >
                > --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "samachadreal"
                > <tumblebear@k...> wrote:
                > > I downloaded the software but apparantly there are issues with
                > > installing it on OS X. Namely that Python doesn't seem to work
                > > correctly. There is a workaround and I'm seeing if I can do it
                but
                > > it involves getting an x11 environment and hacking around the
                unix
                > > which I'm not so familiar with. No garuntees.
                > >
                > > Trevis
                > >
                > > --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "Alexander Cherry"
                > > <lxndr@c...> wrote:
                > > > Rock on. And Nate and Trev have installed theirs. Mouse?
                > > >
                > > > I think we should meet a half hour early (5:30 pacific/6:30
                > > > mountain/7:30 central/8:30 eastern) so we can spend
                some "OpenRPG
                > > > futzing" time. Thoughts?
                > > >
                > > > --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, Robert McNamee
                > > etc...ready
                > > > for life in the Fastlane.

              • Alexander Cherry
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 4, 2003
                  With both Nate and Trevis not making it, I don't think we'll be able
                  to reach Fastlane Quorum...

                  <tumblebear@k...> wrote:
                  > It looks like I have a family obligation which is going to impact
                  me
                  > doing the game tonight. I will try to get online when I can but I
                  > might be late by an hour. There is a slim chance I won't make it
                  at
                  > all. I won't have time to try to solve the open rpg issue before
                  the
                  > game. Hopefully you can carry on without me, for a bit anyway.
                  >
                  > Sorry,
                  >

                  > Trevis
                  >
                  > --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "Alexander Cherry"
                  > <lxndr@c...> wrote:
                  > > Eek.
                  > >
                  > > Well, if it doesn't work out, we can keep on using IRC. No
                  > biggie.
                  > > I'm eminently curious as to whether or not the change will impact
                  > > gameplay, though.
                  > >
                  > > --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "samachadreal"
                  > > <tumblebear@k...> wrote:
                  > > > I downloaded the software but apparantly there are issues with
                  > > > installing it on OS X. Namely that Python doesn't seem to work
                  > > > correctly. There is a workaround and I'm seeing if I can do it
                  > but
                  > > > it involves getting an x11 environment and hacking around the
                  > unix
                  > > > which I'm not so familiar with. No garuntees.
                  > > >
                  > > > Trevis
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "Alexander Cherry"

                  > some "OpenRPG

                  > > > etc...ready

                • panda_alchemist
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 4, 2003
                    <lxndr@c...> wrote:
                    > With both Nate and Trevis not making it, I don't think we'll be
                    able
                    > to reach Fastlane Quorum...

                    Fair to skip, then? I've not had time to install nasty Python code
                    anyway. Been busy few days. =/

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 4, 2003
                      I'd meet you there Alex to see how the openrpg mapping works, if you'd like. It looks like an interesting setup for running games that I may use with other gamers.

                      Bob

                      wrote:
                      > With both Nate and Trevis not making it, I don't think we'll be
                      able
                      > to reach Fastlane Quorum...

                      Fair to skip, then? I've not had time to install nasty Python code
                      anyway. Been busy few days. =/

                      > --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "samachadreal"
                      > wrote:
                      > > It looks like I have a family obligation which is going to impact
                      > me
                      > > doing the game tonight. I will try to get online when I can but
                      > > might be late by an hour. There is a slim chance I won't make it
                      > at
                      > > all. I won't have time to try to solve the open rpg issue before
                      > the
                      > > game. Hopefully you can carry on without me, for a bit anyway.
                      > >
                      > > Sorry,
                      > >

                      > > Trevis
                      > >
                      > > --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "Alexander Cherry"
                      > > wrote:
                      > > > Eek.
                      > > >
                      > > > Well, if it doesn't work out, we can keep on using IRC. No
                      > > biggie.
                      > > > I'm eminently curious as to whether or not the change will
                      impact
                      > > > gameplay, though.
                      > > >
                      > > > --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "samachadreal"
                      > > but
                      > > unix

                      > > some "OpenRPG

                      Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
                      No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
                      Try Netflix for FREE!
                      http://us.click.yahoo.com/xlw.sC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/ofVplB/TM

                    • Alexander Cherry
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 4, 2003
                        Well, anyone else wants to try it out (tonight or any other night
                        between now and next week) ask me any time in the channel and I'll
                        happily give a little demonstration. Yes, even people who aren't
                        playing, if you want a gander, take a look.

                        Right now, the biggest drawback (to me) of OpenRPG is the lack of
                        separation of narration and ooc windows. Perhaps we can just deal
                        with one-window gaming? Or perhaps we can do OOC in OpenRPG and
                        narration on IRC? I'm interested in opinions.

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/