Re: Unsung: SWAT -- October 8?

  • Alexander Cherry
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 1, 2003
      Works for me too. See y'all next wednesday!

      --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Holmes"
      <homeydont@h...> wrote:
      > >From: "xiombrag" <kirt.dankmyer@v...>
      > >
      > >Okay, I can't make next Wednesday for Unsung. Which leads to the
      idea
      > >of moving Unsung to a bi-weekly schedule.
      > >
      > >Is there any opposition to this? This way I can prepare more and
      rely
      > >less on improv, which leads to a Gift-giving festival (not that
      > >there's anything wrong with that).
      >
      > That works for me.
      >
      > Mike

      > Instant message during games with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it
      now FREE!
      > http://msnmessenger-download.com
    • Kirt Dankmyer aka Loki
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 8, 2003
        I am in the middle of a family crisis, so I can't run Unsung tonight. I
        apologize for the late notice. Those of you on my friends list on LJ know
        what's going on.
        -Loki
      • xiombrag
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 9, 2003
          I'd like to apologize again for cancelling last night, guys. It's due
          a bunch of stupid social drama, but it landed on my doorstep, and I
          didn't have the emotional capacity to run. I very much appreciate
          your patience in this matter.

          Is having the next game on October 22 okay with y'all?

          -Loki
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 9, 2003
            <kirt.dankmyer@v...> wrote:
            > Is having the next game on October 22 okay with y'all?

            Good for me. No apollogies neccessary.

            Mike
          • Dana Mun

              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 21, 2003
                Yes, Mike, Unsung is this week. ;-D

                I have a more "traditional" scenario in mind for this week, in the sense
                it's less improvisational. But it requires the game going a touch more
                cinematic. I wanted to make sure that was cool with everyone -- less
                improv, more cinematic...

                I meant to send this out last week but I've been so busy...
                -Loki
              • Kirt Dankmyer aka Loki
                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 21, 2003
                  And while I'm thinking about it: If any of you get some time, do a search
                  for "Unsung" on the Forge (http://indie-rpgs.com) and let me know if you
                  want to try any of the various brainstormed rules changes or not.
                  -Loki
                • Kirt Dankmyer aka Loki
                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 22, 2003
                    Guys? Weren't we starting an hour ago? Two players are here, but I need
                    three...
                    -Loki
                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 24, 2003
                      --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, Kirt Dankmyer aka Loki
                      <kirt.dankmyer@v...> wrote:
                      > Guys? Weren't we starting an hour ago? Two players are here, but I
                      need
                      > three...

                      My apollogies for the no-show. Here's my excuse (lame, because all
                      excuses are lame):
                      My wife and I went for a sonogram a 4PM, and we learned that we're
                      having a girl. What I didn't anticipate would be the celebration that
                      followed. Apparently the fact that this is the first girl born into
                      our family in a few generations was cause to celebrate for the wives
                      in my family (my wife, my mother, my grandmother, none of whom have
                      had girls). So I got waylaid, as it were by an impromptu party. Not
                      that I wasn't feeling good about it, but for me a simple, "Yay, it's
                      a girl," would have sufficed. :-)

                      Anyhow, did you guys play w/o me? I sincerely hope so.

                      Mike
                    • Alexander Cherry
                      Message 10 of 18 , Oct 24, 2003
                        Josh/Friz also didn't show, and without a quorum, we didn't play the
                        game. On the other hand, we play Pretender, another game by Kirt -
                        the results are in the Actual Play forum over at The Forge.

                        The thread is "attack of the mechanical dinosaurs" and the url is
                        here: http://www.indie-rpgs.com/viewtopic.php?t=8441

                        <homeydont@h...> wrote:
                        > --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, Kirt Dankmyer aka Loki
                        > <kirt.dankmyer@v...> wrote:
                        > > Guys? Weren't we starting an hour ago? Two players are here, but
                        > need
                        > > three...
                        >
                        > My apollogies for the no-show. Here's my excuse (lame, because all
                        > excuses are lame):
                        > My wife and I went for a sonogram a 4PM, and we learned that we're
                        > having a girl. What I didn't anticipate would be the celebration
                        that
                        > followed. Apparently the fact that this is the first girl born into
                        > our family in a few generations was cause to celebrate for the
                        wives
                        > in my family (my wife, my mother, my grandmother, none of whom have
                        > had girls). So I got waylaid, as it were by an impromptu party. Not
                        > that I wasn't feeling good about it, but for me a simple, "Yay,
                        it's
                        > a girl," would have sufficed. :-)
                        >
                        > Anyhow, did you guys play w/o me? I sincerely hope so.
                        >
                        > Mike
                      • Kirt Dankmyer aka Loki
                        Message 11 of 18 , Oct 24, 2003
                          Congratulations on the daughter, Mike.

                          >Anyhow, did you guys play w/o me? I sincerely hope so.

                          Josh didn't make it either, so we ran a one-shot of Pretender instead.
                          -Loki
                          Message 12 of 18 , Oct 27, 2003
                            >From: Kirt Dankmyer aka Loki <kirt.dankmyer@...>
                            >
                            >Congratulations on the daughter, Mike.
                            >
                            > >Anyhow, did you guys play w/o me? I sincerely hope so.
                            >
                            >Josh didn't make it either, so we ran a one-shot of Pretender instead.

                            Thanks, and I'm glad something got played. If you wanted to take this
                            Wednesday as a reschedule, I could move my game with Dana to another night
                            possibly to accomodate. Thoughts?

                            Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your current Internet access and enjoy
                            patented spam control and more. Get two months FREE!
                            http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa
                          • alicatylon
                            Message 13 of 18 , Oct 27, 2003
                              sounds fine with me. as i said before- thursdays are ususally gone
                              and fridays are filled. wednesday is either unsung or gamma soo
                              either way, i;m good, just let me know in advance

                              Message 14 of 18 , Oct 27, 2003
                                >Thanks, and I'm glad something got played. If you wanted to take this
                                >Wednesday as a reschedule, I could move my game with Dana to another night
                                >possibly to accomodate. Thoughts?

                                No way I have time this week, unfortunately -- so let's just do the usual
                                time and place, next week.
                                -Loki
                                Message 15 of 18 , Oct 28, 2003
                                  >From: Kirt Dankmyer aka Loki <kirt.dankmyer@...>
                                  >
                                  >No way I have time this week, unfortunately -- so let's just do the usual
                                  >time and place, next week.

                                  Sorry to hear that.

                                  Dana, that means that we'll be on for Wed.

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Oct 28, 2003
                                    alrighty then =)