Re: [indie-netgaming] Unsung: SWAT

  • Kirt Dankmyer aka Loki
    Message 1 of 26 , Jul 31, 2003
      At 02:06 AM 7/30/03, you wrote:
      >if you need players, I'm around. I'll go ahead and make a chracter, and if
      >you need/want me to play, I'll be ready.

      More players are welcome -- please do make a character.

      http://ivanhoeunbound.com/unsung_playtest.html

      -Loki
    • Joshua Kashinsky
      Message 2 of 26 , Aug 6, 2003
        Here's my rough outline for my character. I'm not completely happy, suggestions welcome.

        Jason Frix

        Jason has spent quite a bit of time on the SWAT team, and so is considered a
        valued resource. However, he has recently been under scrutiny for his erratic
        behavior. It's understandable, of course. You can't expect a man to be just fine
        and dandy three months after his wife and daughter are gunned down in a gang
        firefight. But after a few weeks, Jason was back on the job, so everyone thought
        he was okay. However, something seems to have broken inside. Jason is a man on
        the edge of sanity. He treads the line between morality and animal brutality like a
        drunk walks the white line on the side of the road. So far, no innocents have been
        hurt, and this is the only thing that keeps Jason on the force.

        Savvy: 12 "Experienced"
        Sense: 8 "Reckless"
        Guts: 15 "Tough-as-nails"
        Meat: 12 "Lifts Weights every once in a while"
        Responsiblity: 3 "They will pay"
        Instinct: 17 "Vengeful"
      • xiombrag
        Message 3 of 26 , Aug 6, 2003
          --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "Joshua Kashinsky"
          <josh@k...> wrote:
          > Here's my rough outline for my character. I'm not completely happy,
          suggestions welcome.

          What aren't you happy with? That makes it easier for me to make a
          suggestion.

          As for the character itself, I like the looks of it, except the only
          issue is I want all the characters in this game to have a minimum
          Responsibility of 5. And you are aware, right, that you can lose
          control of the character when you blow a Lapse check, right? I mean,
          if that's what you want -- and I suspect it is -- that's cool, but I
          figured fair warning is in order.

          -Loki
        • xiombrag
          Message 4 of 26 , Aug 6, 2003
            > Sounds interesting. Have any more info I could read on it? How much
            > commitment do you need for the playtest? As a
            writer/illustrator/publisher
            > time is rather scarce. :D

            So long as you have some free time Thursday night to be on the IRC
            channel and some time to make a character, it's all good.

            People have been posting characters here. Here's the ruleset:

            http://ivanhoeunbound.com/unsung_playtest.html

            Don't let the grim art scare you off. Standard 50 points, minimum of
            10 in Guts and 5 in Responsibility.
            -Loki
          • Kirt Dankmyer aka Loki
            Message 5 of 26 , Aug 7, 2003
              Okay, I should be on IRC tonight for Unsung... If I'm idle, I'm probably
              eating dinner, and will be back. If people don't want to play this
              Thursday, let me know, I can push it off to next Thursday. Sorry for the
              short notice, it's been a busy week.
              -Loki