Re: [indie-netgaming] Digest Number 219

  • nevthederanged@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2003

      Hey, that link was only to the 2.0 version... where's the 3.0??
    • Ed Heil
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2003
        On Wednesday, June 4, 2003, at 06:37 PM, nevthederanged@... wrote:
        > Hmm... I haven't looked at the new version yet, but the last time I
        > saw this chart I could place myself at least once or twice on every
        > echelon. =>  We'll see how I fare on the new one.

        That was a joke. "Grown men who roleplay Shojo manga characters" isn't
        yet a common enough category to make it into the Geek Heirarchy --
        though who knows, it may make it into the (as yet mythical) version 3.0
        if Heartquest really takes off!

        > Anyway,  can anybody point me toward an entry-level
        > rules-lite/freeform PBeM thang going on or in the works?  Right now
        > that's about all I'd have time for in between my other screwings
        > around, but I'm definitely up for something.

        Funny, that describes my game Topos (in playtesting) to a tee. I just
        suggested a second playtesting session (since the rules mutated so
        wildly during the first), and Travis offered to put together a mailing
        list for us. So far Pat, Lxndr, Travis, and Mike have offered to play.

        The last-but-one version of Topos is posted at
        http://www.lostthoughts.org/phpwiki/index.html/Topos. I've made some
        minor changes to the rules in general & have reworked the Avatars
        section considerably; I would attach the current version (an RTF file)
        to this message but I suspect you wouldn't get it if you receive mail
        in digest format.
      • Ed Heil
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2003
          On Wednesday, June 4, 2003, at 08:57 PM, Ed Heil wrote:

          > The last-but-one version of Topos is posted at
          > http://www.lostthoughts.org/phpwiki/index.html/Topos.

          correction: