3124Re: Hero Quest

  • bigblackcatmail
    Sep 1, 2004
      Hi Mike:
      I'm definitely interested in continuing. I haven't been all that
      active on this group lately because I've been trying to find a (real)
      job, trying not to lose my mind while living with the in-laws, trying
      to keep my wife from not losing her mind due to life with her parents
      and also trying to find a potential social group (gaming or
      otherwise) to which myself and possibly my wife may retreat to help
      with those last two tasks. In between all that though, I'm slowly
      reintroducing myself to the old internet haunts (like the Forge and
      here) as well as put together a review of Brad's M&M adventure (which
      is a good read) and took care of some freelance design/web stuff for
      which I'm still trying to get paid. My priorities are all juggled
      right now. Sorry about that.

      Off and on, I have been brainstorming on what to do with Lhan. I read
      your post a couple of weeks back but obviously missed one or two. I
      wasn't clear on the timeline of when you needed these write-ups. I
      scanned over the post when I saw it and filed it away on my to-do-
      sometime list. I'm sorry about that.

      One of the reasons I've been so unresponsive isn't due to lack of
      interest, but rather lack of ideas. My problem with Lhan is that his
      story's done. He redeemed himself, somewhat, which was his whole
      point. Would he slip further and further into madness and depravity
      or give up his fantasyland to do something good and right? I honestly
      had no other idea what to do with his character after the last
      session.

      So, I've decided recently that Lhan is going to die. He picked up
      Serama and carried her out into the desert to save her from the evil
      lady in armor thing. That would've been enough contact to have
      positively drained him of whatever tenuous hold he might've had on
      his wretched life at that point. I haven't written it up (partially
      because I'm absent-minded and partially because it's an idea that has
      just occurred to me recently) but my full intentions are to rejoin
      the game as the daughter. I think this is a prime point where Lhan's
      story ends and Serama's begins.

      I'll try and do a write-up on the situation as well as generate
      Serama's character sometime in the next week or so. Hopefully, I'll
      have time this weekend. The in-laws are pretty famous for spur of the
      moment family trips/chores/activities though, so my free time to get
      this writeup done might be sucked away. But I wanted you to know that
      I'm definitely interested in playing and give you an idea of the
      direction I was planning on going. If nothing else, it gives me a
      legitimate reason to lock myself in my room one night a week.

      Somehow I've reverted to 1985. Now all I need is a poster of the
      Sisters of Mercy, a pair of combat boots, some hair-gel and some hair
      to put it in.

      :)

      Scott
    • Show all 42 messages in this topic