3047Re: Sorcerer

  • samachadreal
    Jul 18, 2004
      --- In indie-netgaming@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Holmes" <homeydont@h...> wrote:
      > >From: "Lee" <leereynoldson@h...>
      > >
      > >If anyone is running, or planing to run Sorcerer, I'd really like to
      > >get my first game.
      >
      > I might be interested depending on details.
      >
      > I don't want to discorage you at all, but I've been in four attempts to
      > start up Sorcerer now, in various online media, and none of them have
      > produced much.
      >
      > Let's see:
      > Gothic Fantasy
      > Beasts of Austria
      > Roger Dean Psychedelia
      > Van Hellsing Vampires
      >
      > All really great concepts that people somehow couldn't stay committed to.
      >
      > What I would say is that I think that if you intend to run Sorcerer online,
      > be prepared for a lot of hard work, and be committed to seeing it through.
      > Maybe it's just coincidence that these all fell apart, but there might be
      > more to it than that.

      Well Lxndr's Razing Arizona game is still going on RPOL from when we started it way back
      in....um...wow, last July. (I'm in it and I didn't even realize it had been that long.) We're a
      pretty dedicated group. I'd like to run Sorcerer online also in a play by post or IRC. I
      wouldn't mind running it over IRC but I work second shift (3:30pm to 2:00 am Central)
      Except for fridays and weekends. Friday is my live game so that's not a good night unless
      we play after 11pm.

      I agree that it will take a lot of commitment from everyone playing because the way things
      get woven together if someone drops its a death knell for the game. Razing survived it
      once, but he dropped out really early.

      In answer to the Central to GMT thing Central is -6 hrs GMT.

      Trevis
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic