Question about servicing of Indica V2 LSI

  • Manohar Shenoy
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
      What should be the recommended frequency of servicing
      for an occassionally used Indica LSI V2? 3 months / 4
      months / 6 months? My Indica LSI V2 is 3 months old &
      has travelled 1900+ kms.

      I have spoken to different service centres and have
      got different answers, none of them convincing.

      Please also let me know whether the servicing period
      has any impact on the warranty and whether it would be
      advisable to undertake a long journey without doing
      the servicing.

      Hoping for an early reply.

      Regards

      Manohar Shenoy
      Indica LSI V2, Aug 2003, 1900+ kms

      Go to http://yahoo.shaadi.com
    • Ravi Punjabi
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
        If the new service manual says ( since this is a recent V2++), service once in 10000kms, then, do it at 10000 kms or 6 months which is earlier. Advisable is 2-3 services a year, unless if ur. running is extremely high and needs more frequent servicing.

        Regds
        Ravi

        Manohar Shenoy <msshenoy@...> wrote:
        What should be the recommended frequency of servicing
        for an occassionally used Indica LSI V2? 3 months / 4
        months / 6 months? My Indica LSI V2 is 3 months old &
        has travelled 1900+ kms.

        I have spoken to different service centres and have
        got different answers, none of them convincing.

        Please also let me know whether the servicing period
        has any impact on the warranty and whether it would be
        advisable to undertake a long journey without doing
        the servicing.

        Hoping for an early reply.

        Regards

        Manohar Shenoy
        Indica LSI V2, Aug 2003, 1900+ kms

      • vibhor chandra
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
          basic steps to good upkeep that every driver should be aware of.

          Read and heed the owner's manual
          Choose a good mechanic and show your vehicle to him periodically
          Appreciate your vehicle's symptoms. If something sounds or feels wrong,
          something probably is wrong
          Follow the maintenance schedule of the manufacturer and ensure the
          following:

          Once a week:
          Check engine oil and radiator water/coolant
          Check tyre pressure
          Check brake and clutch fluid

          Once a month or 2000 kms
          Get the vehicle serviced
          Ensure proper lubrication

          Every 3 months or 5000-7000 kms
          Check battery, power steering, gear and transmission fluid levels
          Inspect fan belt, hosepipe and lights

          Every 6 months
          Tune engine. Check and adjust carburettor for emission standards
          Change engine oil and filter
          Rotate wheels
          Check tyres and wheel alignment

          Every year or 15000 kms
          Check wheel bearings and the suspension system
          Check brake system. Flush and refill brake fluid
          Change transmission fluid
          Clean or replace air and fuel filters
          Check and lubricate door hinges and handles
          Check all rubber channels and linings. Replace if required
          Check wheel assembly. Get the rim and wheel assembly balanced if required
          Always ensure anti-rust treatment whenever any repair work is carried out

          Every 3 years
          Get a complete check-up of your vehicle done
          Battery Maintenance
          Check battery every week and top up water level if necessary
          Always keep battery terminals clean and cable joints tight
          Apply Vaseline/petroleum jelly on all terminals
          Ensure correct polarity while connecting alternator to battery
          As a precaution,
          Do not use non-genuine parts and lubricants. Always purchase them from the
          authorised dealers or petrol pumps
          Do not pour cold water into the radiator when the engine is hot, as this may
          cause cracks on the cylinder head/block
          While washing, ensure water does not enter into air cleaner or any electric
          parts
          Spraying of oil on the underside of the car is not desirable

          >From: Ravi Punjabi <ravi_punjabi@...>
          >To: indica-users@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [indica-users] Question about servicing of Indica V2 LSI
          >Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 02:32:17 -0800 (PST)
          >
          >If the new service manual says ( since this is a recent V2++), service once
          >in 10000kms, then, do it at 10000 kms or 6 months which is earlier.
          >Advisable is 2-3 services a year, unless if ur. running is extremely high
          >and needs more frequent servicing.
          >
          >Regds
          >Ravi
          >
          >Manohar Shenoy <msshenoy@...> wrote:
          >What should be the recommended frequency of servicing
          >for an occassionally used Indica LSI V2? 3 months / 4
          >months / 6 months? My Indica LSI V2 is 3 months old &
          >has travelled 1900+ kms.
          >
          >I have spoken to different service centres and have
          >got different answers, none of them convincing.
          >
          >Please also let me know whether the servicing period
          >has any impact on the warranty and whether it would be
          >advisable to undertake a long journey without doing
          >the servicing.
          >
          >Hoping for an early reply.
          >
          >Regards
          >
          >Manohar Shenoy
          >Indica LSI V2, Aug 2003, 1900+ kms

          >For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:
          >http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

          Call your NRI friends.Introduce them to Citibank RCA.
          http://server1.msn.co.in/sp03/diwali/rca/referrca.asp Win 2 tickets to visit
          them abroad.
        • Hrishikesh Raghavan
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
            Hi Manohar,

            It's best to get your Indica serviced as per the service manual.
            Normally its time (6 months) or distance (every 5000 kms) whichever
            occurs first.

            Long trips are no problem at all. I made my first trip when my LSi
            was 1800 km old. Make sure the oil, coolant, brake fluid levels are
            OK. You shouldn't have any problems at all.

            Folks - I'm now using Speed 93. It does make a difference. The engine
            feels a lot smoother than when on Speed. There's a small increase in
            mileage which I can probably confirm in another month's time. I'm
            right now on the second tankful of Speed 93 (costs 37.85 in Chennai).

            Cheers,
            Hrishi
            LSi, March 2003, 11000 km, 11 kmpl, Chennai TN 07 AA 1669

            --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, Manohar Shenoy <msshenoy@y...>
            wrote:
            > What should be the recommended frequency of servicing
            > for an occassionally used Indica LSI V2? 3 months / 4
            > months / 6 months? My Indica LSI V2 is 3 months old &
            > has travelled 1900+ kms.
            >
            > I have spoken to different service centres and have
            > got different answers, none of them convincing.
            >
            > Please also let me know whether the servicing period
            > has any impact on the warranty and whether it would be
            > advisable to undertake a long journey without doing
            > the servicing.
            >
            > Hoping for an early reply.
            >
            > Regards
            >
            > Manohar Shenoy