Indica instrumentation Quality/Reliability

  • Jagjeet Bajwa
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2000
      I am driving Indica DLE March 2000. These are my
      observations with my Indica instrumentation.

      1. Fuel Gauge
      Last week I was on a trip to Chandigarh from Delhi.
      While setting on to journey, fuel gauge indicated
      about 25-30% fuel. To my surprise when I filled 14
      liters of fuel, gauge needle touched full mark!!. Tank
      capacity of Indica is 37litres. When I reached
      chandigarh, fuel needle was again at 25-30% and
      touched full again with 14 litres of diesel. Is it so
      with other cars.

      2. Speedometer
      Speedometer needle starts ratlling badly above
      60-70kmph and remains like this at higher speeds.

      3. Temerature Gauge
      Earlier it was OK but now it only moves with a light
      knock (with finger) from cold position. The temerature
      indication is always in middle only at high speed it
      will just comes below middle. Needle never goes beyond
      middle mark.

      We at Escorts also use Pricol make instrumentation (as
      in Indica) on our construction machinery. As per my
      experience with pricol instrumentation, these can't be
      repaired properly. The whole unit needs replacement.
      Our warranty department does it this way. Will I get
      Instrument panel replacement from Telco?

      I am asking this because I am not going to get it
      repaired from any one. I know experiences from other
      Indica users, who despite from frequent Instrument
      panel repairs at dealer have not got any positive
      results but got numerous scratches, grease marks every
      where on dash etc.

      http://im.yahoo.com/