Re: INDICA AC compressor problem...

  • kirancarvalho
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2003
      hi mr kulkarni
      if your air con sys is of a subros make, you could also check for a
      serviceable compressor offered by subros.the company offers a buy
      back of you old compressor in echange for a serviceable unit with a
      warranty on the same . this could work as a viable option for you as
      the charges for the same should be between 7000-8000 rs max.
      regards,
      kiran carvalho

      --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, Ashish Gour <ashish_gour@y...>
      wrote:
      > Boss, my friend owns a AC wksp here in Delhi and as per his
      unbiased view you should
      > go in for a sanden 507 compressor which is much much longlasting
      than the subros
      > comp(denso) more cooling also, might have to make some mods cost
      below 10k.
      > Ashish
      >
      > --- Ravi Punjabi <ravi_punjabi@y...> wrote:
      > > Hi Kulkarni
      > > I do not think a new compressor costs Rs. 15K. That may be gas
      from Shah Auto. As
      > > i understand the Auto workshop guys make their premium from
      painting and AC work.
      > > Please get your vehicle re-checked at 1. Kamal Air Con ( Vile
      Parle W) or 2.
      > > Correa Air Con ( Link Road, Goregaon) & check local market at
      Grant road regarding
      > > the price of a new compressor + price of new comp at a Telco auth
      workshop. Labour
      > > + Gas for AC service should cost
      > > Rs. 1000-1400/- . Hope this helps. Warm RegdsRavi
      > >
      > > gsatpute <gsatpute@y...> wrote:I would suggest that you take a
      second opinion
      > > on this from another
      > > garage too. Since you are no longer covered under warranty you
      are
      > > free to go to even non Telco garage. Maybe our Mumbai freinds can
      > > direct to a reliable garage.
      > > Do keep us posted\
      > > Regards
      > > Gautam
      > >
      > > --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, kulkarnivs@i... wrote:
      > > >
      > > > My indica DLE is 3.5 years old (MH-03-H-9940). Last month all
      of
      > > sudden
      > > > it's AC stopped working. When I showed vehicle to M/s. K.S.Shah
      > > Automobiles
      > > > pvt.ltd.Andheri, mumbai; Initially they said gas leakage is
      there
      > > but
      > > > subsequently they called me next day and told me that AC
      > > Compressor is
      > > > damaged by oil leakage and it is beyond repairs. I have to put
      new
      > > AC which
      > > > will cost more than 15000/- .
      > > >
      > > > I cannot understand without any accident or fire or such
      calamity
      > > how
      > > > compressor gets damaged beyond repairs?
      > > >
      > > > Garage people say TELCO do not provide compressor's spares to
      the
      > > > dealers/garages that is why it is not repairable.
      > > >
      > > > Is this true? (AC is some Subros co.)
      > > >
      > > > That means for every fault of compressor we have to change
      total
      > > compressor
      > > > by spending 15000/- rupees.
      > > >
      > > > Any explanations/ similar experiences in the group?
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > > To UNsubscribe, send a blank email to the address:
      > > For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:
      > > http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-
      users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

      Service.