Re: [indica-users] Re: INDICA AC compressor problem...

  • Ashish Gour
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2003
      Boss, my friend owns a AC wksp here in Delhi and as per his unbiased view you should
      go in for a sanden 507 compressor which is much much longlasting than the subros
      comp(denso) more cooling also, might have to make some mods cost below 10k.
      Ashish

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • Manish Merchant
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2003

        The a/c gas contains oil which circulates with the gas and lubricates the very fine clearances inside the compressor, if there is a leak this oil too leaks out and causes the compressor to sieze.

        One good A/c mechanic is Royal A/C works at Chowpatti in Mumbai below Aram hotel. (not the New Royal A/c works.) The partners of the place are Laaser and Jadhav. you could contact either one of them. This place is opposite Merchant's club.

        Hope this helps

        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2003
          Hi All I really do not advise replacing a compressor of a different type. Out of my own experience, i did that for a Videocon fridge( the local guy insisted that the whirlpool compressor is a better make and installed the unit, which worked for 10 months and then failed, i was unable to get it fixed by either Videocon or the local guy). So finally i paid for 2 compressors within 1 year. Moral of the Story: Unless if you are real fond of adventrure or well informed of the technology, go by the set path and recommended replacements. Hope this helps. Warm RegardsRavi Punjabi

          Ashish Gour <ashish_gour@...> wrote:Boss, my friend owns a AC wksp here in Delhi and as per his unbiased view you should

        • kirancarvalho
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 1, 2003
            hi mr kulkarni
            if your air con sys is of a subros make, you could also check for a
            serviceable compressor offered by subros.the company offers a buy
            back of you old compressor in echange for a serviceable unit with a
            warranty on the same . this could work as a viable option for you as
            the charges for the same should be between 7000-8000 rs max.
            regards,
            kiran carvalho

            --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, Ashish Gour <ashish_gour@y...>
            wrote:
            > Boss, my friend owns a AC wksp here in Delhi and as per his
            unbiased view you should
            > go in for a sanden 507 compressor which is much much longlasting
            than the subros
            > comp(denso) more cooling also, might have to make some mods cost
            below 10k.
            > Ashish
            >
            > --- Ravi Punjabi <ravi_punjabi@y...> wrote:
            > > Hi Kulkarni
            > > I do not think a new compressor costs Rs. 15K. That may be gas
            from Shah Auto. As
            > > i understand the Auto workshop guys make their premium from
            painting and AC work.
            > > Please get your vehicle re-checked at 1. Kamal Air Con ( Vile
            Parle W) or 2.
            > > Correa Air Con ( Link Road, Goregaon) & check local market at
            Grant road regarding
            > > the price of a new compressor + price of new comp at a Telco auth
            workshop. Labour
            > > + Gas for AC service should cost
            > > Rs. 1000-1400/- . Hope this helps. Warm RegdsRavi
            > >
            > > gsatpute <gsatpute@y...> wrote:I would suggest that you take a
            second opinion
            > > on this from another
            > > garage too. Since you are no longer covered under warranty you
            are
            > > free to go to even non Telco garage. Maybe our Mumbai freinds can
            > > direct to a reliable garage.
            > > Do keep us posted\
            > > Regards
            > > Gautam
            > >
            > > --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, kulkarnivs@i... wrote:
            > > >
            > > > My indica DLE is 3.5 years old (MH-03-H-9940). Last month all
            of
            > > sudden
            > > > it's AC stopped working. When I showed vehicle to M/s. K.S.Shah
            > > Automobiles
            > > > pvt.ltd.Andheri, mumbai; Initially they said gas leakage is
            there
            > > but
            > > > subsequently they called me next day and told me that AC
            > > Compressor is
            > > > damaged by oil leakage and it is beyond repairs. I have to put
            new
            > > AC which
            > > > will cost more than 15000/- .
            > > >
            > > > I cannot understand without any accident or fire or such
            calamity
            > > how
            > > > compressor gets damaged beyond repairs?
            > > >
            > > > Garage people say TELCO do not provide compressor's spares to
            the
            > > > dealers/garages that is why it is not repairable.
            > > >
            > > > Is this true? (AC is some Subros co.)
            > > >
            > > > That means for every fault of compressor we have to change
            total
            > > compressor
            > > > by spending 15000/- rupees.
            > > >
            > > > Any explanations/ similar experiences in the group?
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            > > To UNsubscribe, send a blank email to the address:
            > > For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:
            > > http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-
            users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

            Service.