Time limit for Free service.

  • Ajan
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2002
      Is there any time restriction for the Indica V2 Service?
      I was not told about this by the dealers. Now they say that
      its mentioned in the service book that all the free services
      should be done with in 1. 5 years of purchase of the car.

      Is it true?

      My car has just covered nearly 11000 Kms and given for
      the service. Now its 17moths old.
      A person from the service station just called and told that I will have
      to pay for the labour also for the service.

      Can anyone advice?

      Ajan U. Nair
    • dr_trrk
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2002
        Hi Ajan,

        > Is there any time restriction for the Indica V2 Service?

        This is for any car. The free services usually have a km as well as
        time period associated with it. This in fact extends to regular
        services also. The policy is that even for low running cars, service
        should be periodical.

        > I was not told about this by the dealers.

        It is hardly mentioned by the dealers.

        > Now they say that its mentioned in the service book that all the
        >free services should be done with in 1. 5 years of purchase of the
        >car. Is it true?

        The time schedules are indeed given in the service book. They say 1.5
        years because the warranty of an Indica is for that long. If the
        warranty is for 1 year, your free services should be within that
        year. This has been the general policy of the car companies. The cost
        of the service is given by the companies and they would insist on the
        km or time schedule to be adhered.

        > My car has just covered nearly 11000 Kms and given for
        > the service. Now its 17moths old.

        You still have a month left to complete 1.5 year. So tell him to
        consider that fact. After the 18 months period, you have to pay for
        the labour charges also.

        Rajesh
        (V2 DLE, Feb 2001, 33000+ kms, 14.9 kpl, Alleppey, Kerala)