Re: Indica hip hip hooray

  • gsatpute
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2002
      I couldn't agree more. I think that given the price at which we have
      bought our "Indi" V/s the features and economy(diesel) bundled in it
      is a good buy.We have to take into consideration the fact that you
      will get the quality that you pay for. If price V/s features were not
      a concern, then I am sure that you would have bought a more expensive
      car.

      I am not of the opinion that you must buy a product because it is
      Indian. For me even Hyundai, Ford.. are Indian 'cause it is made
      using the same facilities and manpower which is available to TATA and
      HM etc.

      So let us appreciate TATA for giving us a decent product at a decent
      price.

      Regards
      Gautam

      --- In indica-users@y..., "Manish Merchant" <manishmm@p...> wrote:
      > Hi Jojan,
      >
      > This phenomenon is known as economics. What is laudable in the
      indica is the rate of improvement by telco.

      > This rate of improvement has not been witnessed in the indian
      market ever. Coming to the theory of higher priced export products. I
      have been associated with garment exports since exports from India
      started. The market will not accept or pay for such high priced
      items. Even if i were to make it and sell it in India.

      > What manufacturers make for foreign countries in India may not have
      a sizeable demand within India because they are not willing to pay
      for it. Its as simple as that.
      > What the european will pay is not necessary what the Indian will
      pay. Naturally you are going to pay more for a product which takes
      more to make. Thanks to "theory of nations -economics"

      > As for Indian designed products are inferior. This is because what
      design & technology costs to manufacture the latest products is very
      expensive because its new. The cost of development of that technology
      has not been amortised yet. For e.g. the common raid diesel
      technology. Indian IT solutions are the best in the world ironically
      they do not sell so much in India. Every one wants to make a profit,
      thats the result why they sell to the highest payer.

      > Hope this helps.
      > Regards
      > M M

      HP, Compaq should be the best option. Why should I purchase a brand,
      just because it is indian, when I get high quality thing for the same
      price?

      > Most of the indian products are of low quality because of our
      lack of quality conciousness. Most of the companies have two streams
      for each product, one for the export market and other for the
      domestic market. There two vary very differently in terms of quality
      and presentation. Should we support such companies by acting as an
      INDIAN?

      > It is the same reason why Dolphin and Montana died?
      >
      > regards
      >
      > jojan
      >

      > mehta anil <mehtaan@b...> wrote:Hi everyone
      >
      > Quite divergent views have been received in response to Vinayak's
      > "Indica pooh pooh"
      >
      > So we are again back to square 1, i.e. :
      >
      > Be Indian, buy Indian,
      >
      > Indian products are cheaper. Pay more and get better if you want,
      >
      > Tatas are all for improvement(whether as fast as the Japanese or
      Korean
      > ??)
      >
      > Quality problems for components as well as finished product still
      > persist, but on a lesser scale,
      >
      > Design problems have been reduced, but some points still persist,
      >
      > By purchasing a diesel engine car, the interest paid to the
      finance
      > company is neutralised by the saving on account of using diesel
      instead
      > of petrol.This logic persuaded my son to purchase our family's
      second
      > DLE.We do all long-distance and upcountry trips in our two Indica
      DLEs.
      > Visits to the congested Karol Bagh/Old Delhi are done in the
      versatile
      > Maruti 800 Dx. Visits where the Gentry places value to expensive
      cars
      > are done in the Accent. In any case, four family members - four
      cars !

      > Vintron and HCL PCs do contain imported components, but from
      closer
      > Home, i.e. China. Even HP and Compaq are nowadays using Chinese
      > components. So, Vintron, HCL, HP, Compaq, Acer are all branded
      > assemblers of PCs.It is the quality and compatibility of
      components used
      > which matters, as well as after-sales-support.
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Anil

      COLLEAGUES
      > ACHIEVE.
      > > WHETHER THEY WORK FOR VINTRON OR HCL OR TATAS. HIP HIP
      HOORAY !!!!!!

      > > Other views : most welcome !!
      > >
      > > Regards
      > >
      > > Anil

      users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

      ******************************************Disclaimer******************

      > **
      > > *****************
      > > The information contained in this message is BPCL's
      Confidential and

      > > Proprietary information and is intended only for the use of
      the
      > > recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is
      not the
      > > intended recipient, he/she is hereby notified that any use,
      > > dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication
      or
      > any of
      > > its content is strictly prohibited. In such case, please
      advise the

      > > sender immediately and delete it from your system. Further
      > acknowledges
      > > that any views expressed in this message are those of the
      individual

      > > sender and no binding nature of the message shall be implied
      or
      > assumed
      > > unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of
      BPCL.

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:
      > http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html
      > <http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-
      users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html>

      Service.