Re: [indica-users] Fuel pump problem in Indica DLE

  • Reflex Realty & FCP. Ltd.
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
      Hi Narayan,

      I have GLE Jan, 2000 and is also facing the same problem from last 1 year.
      United motors in mumbai informed me that they have to send my cars fuel pump
      for servicing to Lucas which will take 3/4 days and will cost approx. 3/4K.
      My car is giving very low average and also giving White Smoke.

      Can any one suggest resale price of Indica DLE, 2000 and 33K KM done. I want
      to sale it IMMEDIATELY.

      Regards,
      Manish
      Reflex
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
        hi Manish,
        Manish, it seems that you are also facing the similar problem what I
        am facing still now... still my vehicle is in Concorde Motors Blore...
        And it is emmiting heavy smoke, low pick up and engine knocking sound.. Now
        every time I am reporting this problem to Telco, and in turn they sending
        the vehicle to TVS Lucas authorised caliberation fellows here in Blore(Nag
        Diesels..).. It is usual phenomenon that each time calibaration will take
        minimum 5-6 days!!!.
        Still I dont know whether this time problem is going to get rectified or
        not. So far my vehicle has covered about 20k.

        Do you have much inputs wrt to FIP problem, so I can use those inputs..

        Thanx & Regards,
        Hegde

        Narayan Hegde

        "Reflex Realty &
        FCP. Ltd." To: <indica-users@yahoogroups.com>
        <reflex@...> cc:
        Subject: Re: [indica-users] Fuel pump problem in
        07/01/02 01:06 PM Indica DLE
        Please respond to
        indica-users

        Hi Narayan,

        I have GLE Jan, 2000 and is also facing the same problem from last 1 year.
        United motors in mumbai informed me that they have to send my cars fuel
        pump
        for servicing to Lucas which will take 3/4 days and will cost approx. 3/4K.
        My car is giving very low average and also giving White Smoke.

        Can any one suggest resale price of Indica DLE, 2000 and 33K KM done. I
        want
        to sale it IMMEDIATELY.

        Regards,
        Manish
        Reflex
        > I am the owner of INDICA DLE-2000 (June).
        > In this forum any body faced the problem of Fuel Injector Pump(FIP) unit
        in
        > your vehicle?
        > (FIP manufacturer : TVS Lucas)
        > Because I am facing this problem since 6-7 months!!!!
        >
        > Thanx & Regards,
        > Narayan Hegde

        > For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:
        http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

        For submitting feedback about your Indica, use:
        http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html

      • hembihag
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
          Mine is an Indica DLE V2 of Feb.2002. 4000+ km. The rubber pipe
          connecting the FIP to the engine burst five times. The engine became
          noisy. The fuel consumption worsened to 12 km/lit overall. Black
          smoke. Periodically TELCO has referred me to service agent in Delhi
          Autolinks. They advised changing to 5th gear at 50 kph(why?), using
          additives, adding oil used in two stroke engines to fuel(really,
          despite the catalyser?). I am refraining from repeating giving the
          details which are on this website(search under FIP). There was some
          improvement after they cleaned the catalyser and adjusted the
          antistall. This lasted ten days and things have returned to earlier
          position. Latest is that on next service TELCO will measure fuel
          consumption themselves. Why can't TELCO make a car which works
          consistently?
          Debashish Chakravarti

          &
          users@y...>
          > <reflex@v...>
          cc:
          > Subject: Re:
          [indica-users] Fuel pump problem in
          > 07/01/02 01:06 PM Indica
          DLE
          > Please respond
          > indica-
          users

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2002
            Dear Narayan,

            This is the first time I had came across this type of problem though my car
            is facing the same problems as yours from last 1 year. I came to know this
            because of non issuing of PUC by my local gas station and from last month
            the united Motors of mumbai has also stopped giving PUC. My car has given me
            lots of troubles in last 1 years. I have spend more that i have spend on my
            Zen in last 6 years. It seems that telco's Dealers network is not given
            proper backup for parts and equipments. I strongly suggest you to get read
            of it as what I am trying to do. I love this car but now can not afford
            daily exp. on it due to bed mechanical faults.

          • gsatpute
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2002
              Recently I go my PUC done. Surprisingly both Pandit Auto nor their
              TASP in Kothrud had a diesel PUC machine. So I had to make do with a
              roadside whom I don't trust but had no option.
              I followd the test procedure circulated in this group, but I had no
              way of checking if the machine was caliberated . At the first guy the
              PUC reading came to 74.5 so I was denied a certificate. I was
              suggested that I should get my pump setting done. On my way I spotted
              another guy and there the PUC reading was averaged at 40.
              Though I did receive a certificate I'm sceptical about the whole
              thing.
              TELCO should make it mandatory that at least their main dealer
              workshops carry these instruments.
              Gautam

              --- In indica-users@y..., "Reflex Realty & FCP. Ltd." <reflex@v...>