insurance tips

  • srigop1
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2002
      Hi friends,

      It's a very interesting group that I am subscribed to, by virtue of
      being a LSi owner.

      Can someone clarify/explain how to claim insurance in case if there
      are any minor damages (for door or body because of hits by autos,
      cyclists etc.) Do we need to complain these minor damanges to the
      police, for insurance purpose? Upto what amount minimum, can we claim
      for such repairs? Do we have to leave the vehilcle at the accident
      spot till the valuers come, or can we move on?

      I insured my INDICA with TATA AIG. Anyone in our group has any
      experience with this company reg. insurance claims?

      I will appreciate your kind response.

      Srinivas.
    • Manish Kapadia
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2002
        Srinivas,

        For small cases it is never to go to a police, People whom i contacted go to police only when someone is physically hurt or car is very badly damaged in accident

        For small dents (Specially by rickshaw walas, - They are a pain in ass) , no need to do these things,take straight to the car dealer and he will arrange the insurance stuff for you , call the surveyor , and get your claims done , this is the usual practice here. Just leave your car at the dealer.
        you will get insurance for these things but people prefer not to go through such hassles for small amounts and rather get no claim bonus in next year.

        I am told that for Plastic Parts ( LIKE BUMPER DAMAGE) claim amount is only 50 % :( .

        Actually your insurance experience is very much dependant on how your car dealer can handle these things for you. For eg My friend who banged his Santro the car dealer was more than happy to entertain him and get all the insurance stuff done .

        Regards

        Manish
        It's a very interesting group that I am subscribed to, by virtue of
        being a LSi owner.

        Can someone clarify/explain how to claim insurance in case if there
        are any minor damages (for door or body because of hits by autos,
        cyclists etc.) Do we need to complain these minor damanges to the
        police, for insurance purpose? Upto what amount minimum, can we claim
        for such repairs? Do we have to leave the vehilcle at the accident
        spot till the valuers come, or can we move on?

        I insured my INDICA with TATA AIG. Anyone in our group has any
        experience with this company reg. insurance claims?

        I will appreciate your kind response.

        Srinivas.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        For submitting feedback about your Indica, use: http://www.egroups.com/files/indica-users/IndicaUsersFeedback.html