[indica-users] Re: Indica Performance

  • Pranav Nagarkatte
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 1999
      About the DLE mileage, I do get about 12.5 - 13 kms / litre with the
      a.c. on; in the city. Haven't taken it out on the highway as such so
      can't say how much I'd get there..
      Problems :
      From day 1 my fuel gauge did not indicate above the 3/4 way mark
      practically got stuck there when I used to get the tank full) but
      Concorde replaced the part.

      My alternator belt used to squeal while starting up.. now that too seems
      to have been cured when I took it to Concorde last time..

      Finally, I am from Mumbai & their rear suspension set-up in Mumbai makes
      life quite harsh on our newer concrete roads as the joints between
      concrete slabs are transmitted into the cabin with alarming precision
      making for quite a bumpy ride ! however, the ride on asphalt roads is
      pretty decent.
    • Dr. Ratan Saini, System Engineer
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 24 4:57 PM
        Dear All!

        It is very clear that all of us have some problem or the other with
        Indica which we had purchased in confidence of getting a better car. I
        think that TATA has failed to fulfill the desires of all of us and our
        confidence in their CAR as well as their After Sales Service has been
        deeply shaken. We don not say it is a bad car but I think, all will
        agree to the statement that it is also not a very good car, beause of
        these so called minor problems.

        Why there is no response from TATA on our questions and requests is
        another part of story.

        Most of us do not say to some one, openly about the problems because we
        have a feeling that our mistake of buying a defective car will be
        publically known. Like Mr. Raj has so many problems but now he is able
        to put it publically. Dr. Subrat do mixes his + and - experiences on
        and off.

        I totaly agree with Mr. Bavdekar that honestly speaking we can never
        recommond this car to any of our friends or relatives.

        I want to know what Mr. Shantanu Dey, Corportae Manager - Customer
        Support and Mr. Vikram Mehra say about the above statement. Giving
        replies to problems do decrease the annoynce but poor dealer service
        even after that flares up the same.

        If you want to heal the hearts of your customers and develop good market
        for Indica than do give something else if not the service through the
        dealers.

        You may upgrade the 4 gear to 5 gear or take the cars to factory by
        giving service car and rectify the problems or send your send telco
        mechanics to cutomers for necessary work.

        Members may voice their views freely on this topic of what Telco can do
        more.

        Dr. Ratan Saini
        System Engineer
        Dayalbagh Educational Institute,
        (Deemed University)
        Dayalbagh, Agra - 282005
        Phone +91 562 281545 (O) 351304 (R)
        Fax: +91 562 281226
        http://ratan.8m.com
        Research Interests : Internet Enabled Intelligent Group Decision
        Systems, Tutoring & Training Systems
      • Naveen Kapur
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 24 8:23 PM
          Dr. Ratan Saini, System Engineer wrote:

          > Dear All!
          >
          > It is very clear that all of us have some problem or the other with
          > Indica which we had purchased in confidence of getting a better car. I
          > think that TATA has failed to fulfill the desires of all of us and our
          > confidence in their CAR as well as their After Sales Service has been
          > deeply shaken. We don not say it is a bad car but I think, all will
          > agree to the statement that it is also not a very good car, beause of
          > these so called minor problems.
          >
          > Why there is no response from TATA on our questions and requests is
          > another part of story.
          >
          > Most of us do not say to some one, openly about the problems because we
          > have a feeling that our mistake of buying a defective car will be
          > publically known. Like Mr. Raj has so many problems but now he is able
          > to put it publically. Dr. Subrat do mixes his + and - experiences on
          > and off.
          >
          > I totaly agree with Mr. Bavdekar that honestly speaking we can never
          > recommond this car to any of our friends or relatives.
          >
          > I want to know what Mr. Shantanu Dey, Corportae Manager - Customer
          > Support and Mr. Vikram Mehra say about the above statement. Giving
          > replies to problems do decrease the annoynce but poor dealer service
          > even after that flares up the same.
          >
          > If you want to heal the hearts of your customers and develop good market
          > for Indica than do give something else if not the service through the
          > dealers.
          >
          > You may upgrade the 4 gear to 5 gear or take the cars to factory by
          > giving service car and rectify the problems or send your send telco
          > mechanics to cutomers for necessary work.
          >
          > Members may voice their views freely on this topic of what Telco can do
          > more.
          >
          > Dr. Ratan Saini
          > System Engineer
          > Dayalbagh Educational Institute,
          > (Deemed University)
          > Dayalbagh, Agra - 282005
          > Phone +91 562 281545 (O) 351304 (R)
          > Fax: +91 562 281226
          > http://ratan.8m.com
          > Research Interests : Internet Enabled Intelligent Group Decision
          > Systems, Tutoring & Training Systems

          > Apply NOW!

          > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/indica-users/?m=1

          > Name: vcard.vcf
          > Part 1.2 Type: text/x-vcard
          > Encoding: 7bit

          For: Dr RATAN SAINI

          25.02.00

          Dear Saini saheb,

          Agree with you in toto.

          Hope VIKRAM MEHRA and their ilk are listening and taking note that the
          gread tradition of the TATA's is at stake and let not TELCO be found
          sleeping while INDICA burns!!

          I have had the pleasure of meeting Mr J R D TATA on 2 occasions (once at
          his residence) and this visionary was a giant of a man with a
          professionalism and greatness of character never ever seen by me and a
          humility and strength of a personality of a great human being.

          Hope we can all keep that flame burning which he lit and Mr RATAN TATA
          is trying to preserve and grow.......

          Best Regards.
        • ashish bavdekar
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 5, 2000
            Dear members,

            I managed to drive one of my friend' Indica DLX yesterday. Compared to his,
            my Indica DLX appeared very sluggish especially in the 1st and 2nd gears.
            While his Indica moved very well even with the AC on, my Indica is a pain to
            drive with the AC on. It requires continous pressure on the accelerator
            (feet start to hurt). I cannot go in 3rd gear at speeds below 40km/hr or the
            engine tends to knock. Driving in traffic with AC on really becomes a tiring
            effort. The other thing I noticed that in idling position my rpm shows 1000
            rpm while his was around 800 rpm. Could this be a problem. Everytime I
            change gears, my rpm drops down to baseline (1000 rpm)and then goes up
            again. Is this normal ?

            Ashish bavdekar