Re: [indica-users] Suspension Check

  • satyanarayana nukavarapu
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 11, 2013
      Ajay,

      If the sound is coming after @40kmpl and above in 3rd gear and above, one possible reason tie rod touching the engine body. If you hit a spead breaker then tie rod might have bent slightly.

      Regards,
      Satya.

      From: ajay kumar <ajaysabari@...>

    • ajay kumar
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 11, 2013
        Hi Dev,

         Thanks for the help.Pl. correct if I m wrong.By the pressing technique how can we ascertain if the trouble is with some bushes or joints.

        Regards,

        Ajay

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 11, 2013
          You can't. The technique I had described checks damping effectiveness.

          For checking rubber mounts, you have to get below the car and attempt to shake the component vigourously, and/or visually inspect for fraying/cracks. This is pretty hard in an indica because of the space available below (unless you have jack-stands).

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 11, 2013
            Thanks Dev and Satya,

              As I said,its an overall clattering while driving through rough roads,which is not that evident in a Santro of my cousin.Thats why I suspect it could be of any rubber mounts or joints.There is no side pulling or steering issues,which are normally symptoms for misalignment or damage to suspention components.Underbody inspection ll be done next time when I take it for wheel alignment.

            Thanks,
            Ajay

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 22, 2013
              My DLG, this morning, got stuck at the higher idling rpm of 1000, even though I had not switched the AC on. This persisted for about 20 minutes, and which point I turned the ignition off. Upon starting the car again, the problem seems to have resolved itself.

              Any thoughts on what the issue could be? I, for one, hadn't seen anything like this before.

            • sujay raina
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 22, 2013
                Nothing to worry happened to me many times on my indigo the only solution
                for it is to replace the ficd you can also try cleaning the electrical
                connector below the ficd.