Jerks during driving - Xeta

  • chandan_bhumkar
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2013

      Recently went to M'blshwar. Filled petrol at Banglore road (Khed-shivapur - Indian Oil Pump).
      During drive in ghat section and on terrain roads , car was giving lot of jerks. In M'blshwar shown the car to local mechanic . After a ride he told that nothing wrong with the engine, the clutch wire is having problem and there is small current leakage which is causing jerks. Asked me to replace the clutch wire in Pune. While coming back there were minimum jerks during descending and in on plain road & city riding for 3/4 days there is not a single incident. Not sure what exactly the problem as earlier Pandit Auto guy told me that if petrol quality is not good then Xeta used to have similar issue.
      Appreciate similar experiences and advice from exerts.

      Chandan
      Xeta GLX
      July 2006, 31000
    • Deepak R Umrankar
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2013
        Hi Chandan,

        What the Pandit Auto guy mentioned is probably right. If you fill adulterated fuel or if the fuel quality is poor, then you may experience such phenomenon. Even I have experienced this while filling diesel form unknown pumps during outstation trips. But in the next tankful from my regular pump & this phenomenon vanishes. If you have already reached half tank or less, then suggest you get the tankful done from your regular bunk. If the problem vanishes, then nothing to worry & the jerks could be attributed to the poor fuel quality that you filled enroute Mahabaleshwar.

        Best Regards
        Deepak Umrankar

        Indica V2/ DLX Model/ July'04/ 122K km/ 19.38 kmpl(last tankful FE)
        Car standing idle in parking for three months (Jan-Mar 2013)

        >________________________________

      • chandan_bhumkar
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2013
          Thank You Deepak..
          Done tankful today...will check now...

          Regards
          Chandan

          --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, Deepak R Umrankar wrote:

          > Hi Chandan,
          >
          > What the Pandit Auto guy mentioned is probably right. If you fill adulterated fuel or if the fuel quality is poor, then you may experience such phenomenon. Even I have experienced this while filling diesel form unknown pumps during outstation trips. But in the next tankful from my regular pump & this phenomenon vanishes. If you have already reached half tank or less, then suggest you get the tankful done from your regular bunk. If the problem vanishes, then nothing to worry & the jerks could be attributed to the poor fuel quality that you filled enroute Mahabaleshwar.
          >
          > Best Regards
          > Deepak Umrankar
          >
          > Indica V2/ DLX Model/ July'04/ 122K km/ 19.38 kmpl(last tankful FE)
          > Car standing idle in parking for three months (Jan-Mar 2013)
          >

          > >________________________________

        • chandan_bhumkar
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 27, 2013

            Observed jerks again on Saturday afternoon...
            Two points noticed :
            1. Car was parked in the sunlight for more than 2 hours outside auditorium.
            2. By mistake, crank the engine with A/C ON.
            Afterwords car gave jerks...
            Any imputs whay this may be happening..

            Thanks.

            Chandan