Re: [indica-users] Vista WIndow Winder under extended warranty?

  • Deepak R Umrankar
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12, 2012
      Hi Chetan,

      Your best chance was to get the winder replaced under Extended Warranty the first time itself when it broke. If they open the winder assembly now & find it out that you had got the job done form a local garage, they have all the excuses in this world to reject your warranty claim. I had a very tough time getting my LHS front window winder replaced under extended warranty. You can refer the messages below from archives for further details.

      Best Regards
      Deepak Umrankar

      Indica V2/ DLX Model/ July'04/ 121K km/ 19.04 kmpl(last tankful FE)
      "I was sad because I didn't have shoes till I saw a man with no feet", from "Gulistan of Sa'di"

    • Chivate, Sameer
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2012
        Chetan,

        Even I had got my LHS window winder assembly replaced under extended warranty. So it covered. But Deepak is right. It is unlikely that the warranty would be valid after local repairs. Did you get the job done at a TASC, and is it a genuine Tata spare? If both the answers are yes, you can try arguing the case.

        Regards,
        Sameer.

        [Indica DLE, Jul 2k, 126k km, 17kmpl, Pune]
        [Indica DLG, Mar 06, 97k km, 18kmpl, Pune]