Re: [indica-users] Re: Manza Club - VX

    Message 1 of 39 , Dec 6, 2012
      Hi Peter,

      VW spares are much more expensive, and there is a dire shortage of parts. Sudhir (Hi-Tech) had got in a vento for accident repair, and had a terrible time sourcing parts. He has been working his contacts across the country.

      The real problem with Skoda is that they have a reputation for performing unnecessary repairs and fleecing customers. They have been attempting to repair that reputation, apparently, and if you do chose to go down the Skoda route, you should opt for the longest extended warranty that is available.

      Another point to note is that the Vento Indian version is sprung harder that the Rapid, and bottoms out less easily than that Skoda on the miserable Bangalore roads. Other than that, the cars match each other in nearly every respect.

      Message 39 of 39 , Dec 20, 2012
        On the topic of Insurance, i have a query that i would like folks here to give me some inputs on. When one buys a new car and the Insurance is done based on the Engine/Chassis number of the car, is it valid? By valid what i would like to understand is, that the car does not have a Temporary registration number and is under the 'Applied For' status.

        The reason i ask is this.. My Father in Law picked up a Fabia this week. One of the documents that he was asked to sign on was to the effect that the Insurance of the vehicle would be valid only post registration of the car. Is this the case? Is Insurance only valid post registration of the vehicle. I think not but i would need some insight. For all the vehicles i have bought so far, i always had a Temporary Registration from the dealer and never came across this sort of a situation.

        Do let me know your views.

        Regards,

        Rohit