Blast in Pune

  • Abhay Singh
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2012
      Hope our friends in Pune are safe. Please stay alert!

      Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
    • Deepak R Umrankar
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2012
        Hi Abhay,

        As per CN-IBN

        Less than an hour after three low-intensity blasts occurred at the Jungli Maharaj Road in Pune on Wednesday evening, injuring at least one person, a fourth blast has been reported from the Garware Chowk in the city. According to reports, the bombs were placed in a garbage can and a cycle carrier.

        Bomb-disposal squads were rushed to the spot following the explosion.

        The explosions took place near Dena Bank, Bal Gandharv theatre and a McDonalds outlet on the Jungli Maharaj Road, which is a popular hangout for the students in the city. Notably, Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde was supposed to visit Bal Gandharv theatre on Wednesday evening. He, however, cancelled the visit earlier on Wednesday. Pune police commissioner Gulabrao Pol has, however, ruled out a terror attack saying, "It is not terror, it is some mischief. It is low intensity blast and took place at three spot."

        More details are awaited.

        Best Regards
        Deepak Umrankar

        >________________________________