Re: Urgent Help Required !!! Diesel Leaking From Injector Pump

  • shak.uk11
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2012
      Is the pump in Indigo made by Bosch or Lucas ?
      I am not gong to Tasc but directly to Bosch/Lucas Authorized Service Center.

      --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, "Rahul" <rahul_4640@...> wrote:

      > --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, "shak.uk11" <shak.uk11@> wrote:
      > > Our Indigo(Bs-II) is leaking diesel from the rear side of the injector pump.(Injector pump' side facing towards the the engine block). Has anyone faced this problem earlier? If yes what was changed/serviced ? Can anyone suggest a good authorized service center for injector pumps in Hyderabad ?
      > ### Apparently from your description I do not think that you have much problem with your Injector pump. I think it is the oil seal in the injector pump which is faulty and is causing this mess. In case fuel is not gushing out much and is dripping somewhat a little, you may safely drive a short distance to the nearest service center. Just make sure that you drive during the day with headlights off and minimum load in the alternator. However, I like to be corrected.
      > But I suggest that you please contact a good and reliable mechanic of your neighbourhood and take his opinion, before going to the TASC. I am almost certain that no matter what is defective, the TASC guys will press you for the total replacement of the injector pump.

    • shak.uk11
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2012
        The FIP of Indigo BS-II(Turbo) was overhauled yesterday.

        -It includes removal of the FIP.
        -Testing of FIP on a test bench for pumping pressure ,volume etc at various RPMs(0-4000).
        -Complete Disassembling of FIP.
        -Cleaning of every single part.
        -Checking the parts for any signs of wear and tear.
        -Replacement of all the seals,o-rings, washers and some plastic parts which is included in a repair kit.
        -Assembling it back again.
        -Checking for performance on a test bench and resetting all the values to factory specification and some minor tuning is done .
        -All the four injectors are removed form the engine,dismantled completely,cleaned ,assembled back again , spray pattern is checked and adjusted and finally installed in the engine.
        -FIP is re-installed,minor adjustments such as idling speed etc is done.

        Then the car is taken for a relatively long test drive(6kms)by a Senior Technician.
        -the car is driven on steep gradients with full throttle to check for 'Pickup' and 'smoke'.

        Total time For completion of repair/testing job
        7 hours.

        Total cost Rs.3500/-
        Do you think the price is reasonable for the job carried out ?

        As reported by my Dad
        Quote:
        The car feels more 'smooth',the 'pickup' has increased considerably,engine feels ,more 'responsive' and also there is very less visible smoke/soot on sudden acceleration.

        Mileage is yet to checked.

        --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, "shak.uk11" <shak.uk11@...> wrote:

        > Our Indigo(Bs-II) is leaking diesel from the rear side of the injector pump.(Injector pump' side facing towards the the engine block).
        > Also the leakage is not visible from the top and its dry but the alternator's bearing side is wet in diesel and this could be a fire hazard if the alternator get very hot.
        > (As alternator is below the Injector pump )
        >
        > Pls help me to take some precautionary measures before I take it to a service center.
        >
        > Has anyone faced this problem earlier ?
        > If yes what was changed/serviced ?
        >
        > Can anyone suggest a good authorized service center for injector pumps in Hyderabad ?

      • Deepak R Umrankar
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2012
          Hi Shak,

          Thanks for sharing the details of the FIP overhaul. I believe you got this done from authorised Lucas TVS centre. If yes then given the improvements your car has seen, the INR 3.5K spent on the overhaul are worth it. How much has the car run till now? What was the exact area from where the fuel was leaking? Did they give any guarantee/ warranty that FIP won't face any problem for the next 6 months/year that sort of? It would be interesting to know if there is any drastic improvement in mileage. That would be an added bonus.

          Best Regards
          Deepak Umrankar