Re: Tyre Selection - Indica Turbo DLX

  • ngpvivek
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 1, 2011

      thanks Vipin

      Here is the break up
      4 Neo Wheels
      ----------
      4*3749 - 14996
      20% discount on 4th wheel - 749
      Other Discount - 246
      Total -14001

      4 Bridgestone Turanza
      ---------------------
      4*4800 - 19200
      less 4*400 (buy back 4 wheels) - 1600
      Total - 17600
      --------------------------

      --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, kumars.vipin@... wrote:

      > Congrats Vivek, can please share the breakup.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Vipin
      > Delhi
      > Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

    • Murthy.T.V.R
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 1, 2011
        Thanks Mr.Vivek Ji.

        T.V.R.Murthy
        Mob:9000012672
        Indica DLS Sept 2001, 78000KM
        Sent from BlackBerry� on Airtel

        > Congrats Vivek, can please share the breakup.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Vipin
        > Delhi
        > Sent on my BlackBerry� from Vodafone

      • Deepak R Umrankar
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 1, 2011
          Hi NGPVivek,

          Good set of alloys, some close-up pictures too please. How much did your OEM tyres last? Haven't you changed  the spare tyre & rim?

          Drive Safe

          Best Regards
          Deepak Umrankar

          DLX/ July'04/ 98,155km/ 20.03kmpl(last tankful FE)

          "I was sad because I didn't have shoes till I saw a man with no feet", from "Gulistan of Sa'di"

          ________________________________
          > Congrats Vivek, can please share the breakup.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Vipin
          > Delhi
          > Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

        • vivek
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 1, 2011

            The reading was 45,586KM at the time of replacement. They ran out of stock for the tyres. so now kept one the best among the OEM tyre as spare, will replace it by this week end. And soon i will post the close-up's as well :-)

            Now on the con's, following observed, when driving @100+

            1)When on the uneven road, on the dip the rear right tyre wall is touching the top edge of wheel well.
            see the picture

            2)I could feel the slightly higher vibration on the steering. At this speed with the OEM tryes the whole car use to vibrate a lot now its only the steering.

            3) Could feel, kind of jerking from the brake pad while applying breaks

            I am planning to get the wheel alignment/balancing done again. Next is to verify the shockabsorbers

            Please let me know your opinions on the above observation and dont hold back any thoughts.

            Best Regards,
            Vivek