Re: Completed 95K kms

  • umesh521
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1 12:20 AM
      Thanks Deepak

      --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, Deepak R Umrankar <deepak_umrankar@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > >the next 6 months, but do advice me, whether its worht spending and retaining
      > >the car
      >
      > Yes, aging takes its toll. Even my target is to keep it max till it completes 8
      > years, but I want to keep it in fit & fine condition as it would be handed over
      > to some near one in the family.
      >
      > >The Expenses I forsee are
      >
      > >Power steering rack Replacemnt Rs. 16000/-
      > >Front Struts 3500 x 2 =Rs. 7000/-
      > >Denting Painting Rs. 15000/
      > >Front Windshield cracked Replacement Rs. 5000/-
      > >battery 3 years old would need replacment shortly Rs. 5000/-
      >
      > >Total Rs. 48000 to 50000 approximate
      >
      > Rather than spending close to 50K, I would suggest you spend the 15K towards
      > Denting Painting & 5K for Front Windshield (ie total 20K) & sell it off in the
      > coming months. If this work is done it would significantly enhance the resale
      > value.
      >
      > >Tyres already done 31000 kms, which I have not taken into account, maybe a
      > >engine overhaul could be in the offing, plus unknown expenses which may crop
      > >up, although It has never given me any problems, I do not have the confidence
      > >of taking it out on a long trip.
      >
      > You can stretch the tyres for another 20K, provided they have good tread on
      > them. Even I have done 33K on my tyres & they look good for another 30K kms. Yes
      > one should be ready for unexpected expenses once the car crosses the 100K
      > milestone. If you have maintained the car perfectly then I don't think it could
      > give you any problems on long trips, but you have to be very careful.
      >
      > >Although I had and have many cars in the family, but this is my first exclusive
      > >car, have fond memories in it, I bought this just 2 days before my daughter was
      > >born, she cant believe that I am thinking of selling it, but I cant afford to
      > >keep 2 cars, neither do I have the space nor the requirement.
      >
      > I am exactly in the same situation. My first car, bought it after after 2.5
      > months of my daughter's birth, innumerous memories, can afford only one car
      > (space wise & money wise)
      >
      > >I need your advice, Is it worth spending and keeping the car, or should I
      > >replace it, What is the price I
      > >
      > can expect and what car should I replace it with, my monthly driving is between
      > 1200 to 1500 kms
      >
      > Replace it after getting the necessary work done as suggested above. Carwale.com
      > can give you a good price indication. Today in the market there are many options
      > to choose from. I am going for a C segment car, diesel of course, in the price
      > range 8-10 lacs. I am waiting for the Linea to be launched with the 1.6L
      > Multijet engine. New Fiesta, Fluidic Verna, Vento are also on the short list
      >

      > Drive Safe
      > Best Regards
      >
      > Deepak Umrankar
      >
      > DLX/ July'04/ 95,065km/ 19.22kmpl(last tankful FE)

      > "I cried because I didn't have shoes till I saw a man with no feet"

    • ranjan s
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 1 7:00 AM
        Hi Deepak
        its a great feeling when you cross the 100000 mark on the speedometer, I had specially made effort to cross 100000 around this new year while going to Nainital & had enjoyed the feeling on the way when the odo finally said 100001, It made me feel content that yes I have maintained the car well all these 9 yrs from 2002.

        Luckily older Indica didn't gave me too many problems & it was regularly serviced after every 5-7000kms. New manza seems to be just the opposite till now.

        Enjoy the ride past 100000kms
        Regards
        Ranjan

        --- In indica-users@yahoogroups.com, Deepak R Umrankar <deepak_umrankar@...> wrote:

        > Since there are not many posts these days, though I would fill up the gap. Just
        > an update completed 95,000kms on my Indica 2 days back. I am not getting it
        > serviced now & will wait for the 1,00,000 km mark to do the major service.
        > Other than normal oil change servicing I would get the timing belt & coolant
        > pump changed. Also will get the suspension spruced up. Will share the running &
        > maintenance expense history on 10th July when my car celebrates her 7th
        > birthday.
        >
        > Drive Safe
        > Best Regards
        >
        > Deepak Umrankar
        >
        > DLX/ July'04/ 95,065km/ 19.22kmpl(last tankful FE)

        > "I cried because I didn't have shoes till I saw a man with no feet"

      • ngpvivek
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 3 12:33 AM
          Hi Deepak,

          I still remember the joy when we saw the odo changing from 9999 to 10000, i have long way to see it changing from 99999 to 100000
          should happen for you soon, congrats !!!

          Best Regards
          Vivek

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 5 4:05 AM
            Hi Deepak,

            Congratulations on the impending milestone. I'd suggest that you get a compression test done as a part of the comprehensive service. Also check if it is possible to check for oil pressure. This will give you and idea of the health of liner/ring and the main bearing respectively. That should warn you if an engine job is due, and you could base further decisions on that.

            Dev

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 5 4:33 AM
              Hi Dev,

              >Congratulations on the impending milestone. I'd suggest that you get a
              >compression test done as a part of the comprehensive service. Also check if it
              >is possible to check for oil pressure. This will give you and idea of the
              >health of liner/ring and the main bearing respectively. That should warn you if
              >an engine job is due, and you could base further decisions on that.

              Thanks for your wishes & other inputs. Will keep this in mind (compression test
              & oil pressure). Just one query here. I normally change the engine oil @ the 10K
              service, no top-ups in between. Once I fill the engine oil I never require any
              kind of top-up till the 10K mark. What I mean to say is that there is almost no
              loss of oil (ie engine not consuming oil or burning oil - touchwood). Could this
              be an indication that the engine is still in a healthy condition?

              Drive Safe
              Best Regards

              Deepak Umrankar

              DLX/ July'04/ 95,237km/ 19.22kmpl(last tankful FE)

              "I cried because I didn't have shoes till I saw a man with no feet"

              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 5 5:46 AM
                That does indicate that the oil ring is perfect. Two more rings to test - so the compression test :-)

                Dev

                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 5 5:56 AM
                  My Indica, takes in 500 mloil every 3000 kms, I give my car for servicing at 10K intervals, I keep topping the oil every 3000 kms

                  Regards
                  Umesh
                  Indica DLS 2001 model 1,14,410 kms

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 5 6:40 AM
                    Hi Umesh,

                    >My Indica, takes in 500 mloil every 3000 kms, I give my car for servicing at
                    >10K intervals, I keep topping the oil every 3000 kms.

                    Your car seems to be very thirsty for oil. It means that your engine is burning
                    oil along with diesel or you are losing the oil through some leaks. Please check
                    for leaks initially. If not found then get the tests done as suggested by Dev.

                    Drive Safe
                    Best Regards

                    Deepak Umrankar

                    DLX/ July'04/ 95,237km/ 19.22kmpl(last tankful FE)

                    "I cried because I didn't have shoes till I saw a man with no feet"

                  • Chaand
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 5 7:48 AM
                      Vivek,

                      Same here.

                      Deepak,

                      Congrats on this achievement with the Indica. Wish you many more (s)miles
                      with this car.

                      Cheers... Chaand