Re: [indica-users] Re: The petrol and disel Indica

  • Ravi Punjabi
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 2, 2001
      Dear Doc

      Did not understand, can u explain please.
      Regds
      Ravi
      --- "Dr.Sri rama murthy.C." <eyecare@...>
      wrote:
      > the batch of wolves in sheep clothing is increasing
      > and I hope the coiner of
      > this phrase will not sleep well after seeing such
      > messages.Decency demands
      > courtesy and now useless words to describe the
      > opinion of the lucky people
      > who are happy with THE INDICA.Let the sheep get the
      > courage of the wolves to
      > tell the truth.
      > Dr.C.SRI RAMA MURTHY.

      http://im.yahoo.com
    • Dr.Sri rama murthy.C.
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 2, 2001
        Dear Ravi
        When some time back I told that My vehicle may2000.indica dle did 25000km
        without problems and that there no problems for the vehicles of indica
        nearby to me in our town it was commented indescently that no problem
        reporting people are in the guise of wolves in the sheep s clothing.Some
        body asked for a openion to buy and I asked him to buy without any fear.That
        advice has invited that wolves in the sheep clothing in a indecent manner.
      • pratpower@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 3, 2001
          The power to wt ratio is a very bad measure of a car's quickness. A
          bike's power to wt ratio is more than the zens or santros. So can we
          say the bike is quicker than santro. It is the excuse by less
          powerful cars and lighter cars to catch up with the more powerful
          cars in that respet. Power top wt ratio helps u get of the block
          quicker than with lesser power to wt ratio. but it is total pwer the
          bhp which matters once the car gets speed.so you would have seen the
          bike zoom past you when a traffic light becomes green , but after 10
          seconds you will easily overtake that. Ofcourse cars with lighter wts
          becomes difficult to handle at higher speed. Also taken into
          consideration is the torque factor. Indica 2000 has 11kgm torque
          while a zen has 7kgm torque. So Indica will have much faster
          acceleration than a zen.but a zen will be quicker to get off because
          of its rev-happy engine. Indica 2000 can not be revved beyond 4000
          rpm. while a zen can be revved to 5500 rpm making it quickeer than
          Indica from static position. But Indica will reach 0-60 faster than a
          zen or 0-100 much faster than a zen. Also its top speed is 165 far
          more than a zen.Let me tell you one thing an Alto VXI is more
          powerful and quicker than zen vxi.I have effortless driven Indica 1t
          120+ many times and it feels so safe and stable. Anay comments ??

          Pratyush.
          --- In indica-users@y..., "Jayram Karnad" <jaykarnad@v...> wrote:
          > Hi All!
          > I keep saying this. You cannot look at just one aspect. Power to wt
          ratio does tell you about the perkiness of the car - but while you
          can put a F1 car engine on a bike & get a tremendous BHP to wt ratio -
          the vehicle just wud not be safe to drive. Re the Indica 2000 vs Zen
          comparison - the Indica handles rough surfaces so much better. You
          can safely drive at speeds that other lighter cars like the Zen wud
          bounce scarily.
          > It happened even to an Esteem which was accompanying us to Pune &
          the highway surface just after Kharghar to Panvel was undulating -
          the rear passengers started hitting their heads on the roof & the
          Esteem had to slow down while our Indica 2000 had no such probs!! In
          fact, I initially thought they had some engine prob & slowed down to
          ask why they cud not keep up!
          > If you are talking of pick-up, just try racing an Indica 2000
          against a Zen at any traffic signal pal & you'll know what I'm
          talking about! The Zen will be left gasping for breath! You can
          actually leave the Esteem(nonMPFI), Ford Ikon 1.3, Hyundai Accent
          behind - so forget about the small car brigade (Santro, Matiz etc
          etc). Package deal-wise - there is nothing better than the Indica
          Lei/LSi - for looks, power, safety,space & PRICE!!
          > Jayram Karnad

          Indica

          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 4, 2001

            Sorry to drag this on. Please don't compare Esteem since it has the
            worst suspension, and is a well known fact. Esteem non-MPFI had poor
            suspension, and in its new avatar, that makes it worse becuz of
            additional power. Wonder when Marutiy will rectify this.

            Pradeep